The Walking Dead Season Three

"The Walking Dead Season Three"
Reviewed By: Carless

When it comes to TellTales Walking Dead series I'm hooked. I was a little worried I won't lie when I found out Clementine wouldn't be the main character. I was completely wrong to doubt these guys, because they deliver over and over. As far as storytelling TellTales delivers over and over, and season three is no different. I can without a doubt say they do a better job at delivering the iconic story of the comic than the television series does.Most time i'm bored watching the show, but TellTales is exciting and emotional from start to finish. Season three to me is a little darker with it's gore, as well as it's humor. From jokes with sexual innuendos, to drug use Walking Dead has delivered a even more realistic adult story that I'm sure will appeal to everyone.
This time you play as Javier a ex baseball player kicked out of the game for gambling on himself. He is a very likeable character, you find your self enjoying and laughing at most of his lines during the story. He was a really great surprise, as well as most of the new personalities. I can really say, I love most of the new additions to the game. They all are voice acted very well, and bring so much to the story. There is even a surprise character from the show, that shows up during the campaign. There is a ton of action, as well as surprises as you can always expect from Telltales. You can also expect a cliff hangar that leaves you counting down the days until the next episode arrives,
It is hard to really rate a game that isn't even half way into it. You really don't know how it all will end, if it will stay the high quality that it is. You kind of expect it based on their history, but you can't be really certain of it. My early impressions though, I put it right along side the second one as far as entertaining storytelling. It seemed to fly by, I was enjoying myself so much with it. Seems like we are going to get another classic that warrants itself as a Game of the Year Nominee, Everything so far is there that we loved about the first two installments. Laughs, surprises,heart felt moments and characters,nonstop action,and creepy/gory moments a plenty. Don't even hesitate if your on the fence with this one, you will not be disappointed.

Pros: Beautiful art design
Epic storytelling
Unforgettable characters, and brilliant voice acting
New improved look to the QTEs
Hilarious writing

Cons; The fact we have to wait for the rest is the only thing I'm let down by

Overall: 9.2 Epic Storytelling and characters we have gotten used to from this developer and franchise. A must own for all Walking Dead fans.

For more info on this title check out:
https://www.facebook.com/telltalegames/

Comments

Popular Posts