"Wreckfest"


Hello all! I got a video out here to showcase you all today Wreckfest, a demolition derby type game that came out quite recently. I've enjoyed it quite a bit since I started playing it. I've got a video if you wanna see the gameplay but if you don't want to hear my voice, I've got the written review below!
Wreckfest review
Review by Johnny Mero
Developed by Bugbear Entertainment
Published by THQ Nordic
Available on Xbox One, PS4, and Windows
When I look at Wreckfest, I immediately flash back to my childhood. Two particular games come to mind. Destruction Derby on the PlayStation and Crash N’ Burn on the PlayStation 2. All I really need to say is I love it a lot.
I’m not much of a racing game fan but i am a dirty racer when I do play them so this game fits me perfectly.
But let me talk about the game instead of my thoughts first. Wreckfest is a demolition derby racing game, which in best way I can describe, crashing a bunch of cars together in what can be the most chaos filled environment, plus you can like race and other fun stuff while you do it.
Gameplay is very solid and feels I would say a bit less like a simulation based, perhaps more like a Forza horizon kind of deal. The customization kind of reminds me a bit of Forza as well with its rating system for vehicles and purchasing of parts to increase the rating. There’s even tuning as well. I have no real issues with anything. Everything works quite well on my standard VCR Xbox One and I can drive a lawnmower.
Overall, this is a game I would prefer instead of most racing games like Forza or Need for Speed because I’m much more of a dirty racer myself, and anyone familiar with modern racing games should be able to get into this no problem, especially with the friend nudge. There’s still a lot more I’d love to see with this game in future updates, but it’s still a solid recommendation from me.
My Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular Posts