PBA Pro Bowling 2021 Review

 "PBA Pro Bowling 2021"


Reviewer: Carless Yen

Developer: Farsight Studios

Publisher: Farsight Studios

Release Date: 12-23-20

Platforms: XBOX, PC, Switch, and Playstation

Price: $24.99


Description

PBA Pro Bowling 2021 is the ultimate game for all bowling fans! Now you can bowl as your favorite PBA pro! Play online versus your friends, competing head-to-head and in tournaments, or start your PBA Career in a deep single player experience. This game has something for everyone with options for both an authentic simulation mode or an explosive arcade style of gameplay!


PBA Pro Bowling 2021 is officially licensed by the Pro Bowlers Association and includes 26 of the top pros in the game today along with in-game commentary from the TV broadcast team of Rob Stone and hall-of-famer Randy Pedersen.


Exciting new features for 2021 include:

-Online Head-to-Head Mode.

-Bowl as your Favorite PBA Pro.

-Stepladder Finals added to over 100 Career Mode Tournaments.

-Improved Ball and Pin Physics.

-Lane Physics now include Oil Pattern Breakdown and Carry-down.

-Andrew Anderson added to the game.

-Over 150 balls to choose from and earn - adding 40 of the hottest brand new balls from all of the top manufacturers that are used on the PBA Tour.

Screenshots






   Thought I'd go ahead and give it a quick written review even though I did a pretty long video one. I wanted to do a video , because there is just so much to talk about and so many features with this title. It is hands down the best Bowling game I've played. "League Bowling" from SNK in 1990 being my second favorite now. I used to love to play that in the arcades and on NEO GEO, but this one has worked it's way into that top spot and become a game I look forward to playing with friends and followers of the page. So if any of you grab it give me a holler love to bowl a few rounds with you. The game just does an amazing job as a bowling sim, and it feels like your watching a live event or playing in one. Realistic players, venues, ball mechanics everything just looks and feels really good. They even threw a little arcade splash into it with special bowls that explode, split, etc. If they were going to do that I wish they would have added a little customization as well. Would been cool to play with a character I created either looking like me or a completely crazy person. Would been cool creating my own venues and balls as well. It's early into the release so maybe they add that update. Or I hope they read this and consider it in 2022. I think it would add a lot to the game. you can already play online why not be able to upload your creations and share them with the community. Things like that would go a long way into increasing the life span of the game I think. 

  Even without that edition there is still a ton of content.  Hundreds of balls, tons of characters and venues. Just feels like they are to expensive for people who like to 100% their games. Kind of seems like they want you to purchase them with microtransactions buying gold pins. Saddens me a little that the venues and characters are just so expensive. You can't use the tickets you earn like crazy, have to use the pins that are really slow to grind. So you will have to grind your ass off, or spend even more real money after already buying the game. Things like that usually kill a game for me, but I still really enjoyed my time with this one. There is still a lot there and to do even with that major flaw in my opinion. The online tournaments are a blast and quick way to score tickets. The career is a blast, and really challenging as you advance. There is online private and public, as well as couch versus as well. So it's really gonna keep you busy a long time especially if you find friends that also enjoy it.  I can see some really competitive battles in my near future with this one. I'm go ahead and cut this short, but if you'd like to see a more in detail look watch the review video below. We got a lot more in depth with it there. 


A fun realistic bowling experience.

Smooth controls and ball mechanics.

Tons of content and items to unlock.

Great commentary, and a real televised pro bowling feel.

Cool trophies, venues, balls, and great cast of pro bowlers.

Online or Offline runs perfectly.


Feels like you'd have to grind the rest of your life to 100% this one.

Or you'd have to spend a fortune after already paying for the game.

Would love to see more customization with this one. 


OVERALL IMPRESSION:

I think this just might be the best bowling game to date. I have no problems even with the paywall recommending this to bowling fans, or sports fans in general who enjoy a little competitive play with friends or online. None of the negatives hold it back, or kill the fun. All these things are also easy fixes. So certainly grb this one, and holler at me when you do.


Video Review:












Comments

Popular Posts