Lake Review

 "Lake"



Review by: Carless Yen

Developer: Gamious

Publisher: Whitethorn Digital

Platforms: XBOX and PC

Release Date: Sept 1st 2021

Price: 19.99 Buy Here


Description:

It's September 1, 1986. You take on the role of forty-something Meredith Weiss, who returns from the big city to her quiet hometown. She exchanges her busy career at a software company to fill in for her dad, the local mail carrier.

During her two-week stay in beautiful Providence Oaks, Oregon, she runs into a few familiar faces as well as plenty of new folk. As Meredith, you get to decide who to talk to, who to befriend and perhaps even start a romantic relationship with.

Whatever happens, at the end of her stint she'll have to make up her mind: return to her demanding job in the big city, or stay in the town she grew up in?


Features:


Escape to a beautiful, rustic environment without cellphones and the Internet.

Drive around the lake in your dad's trusty mail truck, or let the auto-pilot do the work.

Talk to a range of engaging characters, each with their own personalities and quirks.

Choose after-work activities: hang out with your friends, help out your neighbours or stay home and read a book.
Experience two in-game weeks of branching story that doesn't shy away from slice-of-life themes.

Determine your own story: there are no 'right' or 'wrong' answers or endings, simply what you want to happen.

Screenshots:






Video Review:



Overall Impression:

When I first even just seen screenshots of Lake I was just sure it was going to be something special. Then I saw the trailer and was even more excited. After playing it it still went far beyond how much I had hyped it up for myself. Even if my first day with it was buggy, and full of issues I couldnt stop playing it. I just had to finish it. I was caught by surprise the next day though that they patched it to perfection the very next day. I just love the story, characters, music, and vibe that is delivered in this one. Even delivering mail is fun, and feels like something I love doing. Everything about Lake feels like home to me, and I just hate that it had to end. Good thing it has multiple endings that are all as rewarding as the next based on my own decisions. Lake is special. Lake is beautiful. It's one of those games you just shouldn't miss if you love games like Life is Strange or the TellTale series. Why I give Lake a 9 out of 10...



Comments

Popular Posts