Table Top Racing: World Tour


"Table Top Racing: World Tour"
Carless Yen

I think i reviewed this earlier for the PS4, and I loved it then. Guess What? I still love it now. I had a blast with this game. It is up there with Riptide and Beach Buggy Racing as my favorite current gen arcade racers. It feels to me like they made it even better for the one, but I could be wrong. Or maybe when i played it on PS4 it wasn't completely updated like it is now. There is so much to make you play this one over and over again. They even made it online multiplayer. Something you rarely see from these arcade titles.
The tracks are all made up of regular everyday items laid out on top of a table to create a track. So from foods to things you'd see in your garage like WD40, to even toys like you'd find in a toy box you never know what you will come across on a course. My favorite is probably the 80s course. I also like how you think you learn a track but, you really don't because as you advance the same levels grow larger, and throw new obstacles your direction.
There are different types of races from best timed lap, to battle races where you get special weapons like rockets, to catch the guy ahead of you, and crash into him, even regular races. There is just a ton of variety so that it never goes stale. There is tons of championships as well so it becomes more and more difficult, and gives you a lot more reasons to continue. As the championships advance , so will you need to advance your cars. That's good because each car is loaded with upgrades. Even cosmetic ones just to change the look, and find that sext paintjob you enjoy. Also new wheels that give you special perks. Even if you upgrade your car, you'll still have to purchase new ones as well. There are different tier cars, as well as there are events. So you will find yourself racing a ton of different , and unique racers. It just gives it so much replay value, and begs to be played over and over.
There are also songs for each track by various artists, none really captured my attention like some the songs on "Super Toy Cars" but none of them I found annoying either. They were just simple songs, I really never paid attention to I spent more time focusing on the cars ahead or in most cases behind me. The main beauty to this title is the track and car design, the massive amount of unlockables, and the amazing amount of variety for a Indie/Arcade racer. If you like games like Mario Kart and F-Zero I really think you will enjoy this.

Pros: Amazing cars and Tracks
Tons of Modes, and Races
Online Racing
Smooth Controls, Easy to race

Cons: Spending to much time grinding for money, becomes repetitive.
Mediocre Song tracks

Overall 8.5 One of,if not the best Indie/Arcade racers. Tons of replay value, worth every penny.

For more info on this title check out:
https://www.facebook.com/PlayriseDigital/


Comments

Popular Posts