"Maize"


"Maize"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Maize was a pleasant surprise. When i got the review copy some reason I was expecting something like Plants Versus Zombies where I would be playing a fully multiplayer experience. I was totally wrong. Maize is a wonderful journey where you just find yourself in a cornfield maze. You really have no idea what your doing there you are just solving puzzles to make your way along. It kind of feels like a mystery at start, but the story comes together as you go, and really is full of lots of surprises, and amazing characters. From alive cornstalks to a talking Russian Teddy Ruxpin. The characters keep you laughing all the way through. Hilarious voice acting, and hilarious notes left through out the campaign keep smiles on your face until the end. Not only is it full of laughs, it also has it's surprises as well.
The sounds and sights are just pleasing to the ears and eyes. Full of hysterical voice acting and wonderful tunes. Really love the 80's sounding rock ballot that the corn love so much. I can see why it is their favorite. The areas look so beautiful, the sun glaring over top the cornfields, houses, and barns is just beautiful. Every place looks different, and the environments took me back to some early PC titles I used to love like half Life , and Syn.
I hate to tell to much about the story, and ruin the surprises so i won't go into to much detail. I will say if you love short single player campaigns like Among the Sleep or Gone Home you will certainly enjoy this one as well. The campaign is about 3 to 4 hours, but can be beat in 2 hours if you know what your doing, and there is a achievement for this to make you play and enjoy it again. I highly recommend this one. I had such a good time with it.
Pros: Beautiful Enviroments
Cool music
Hilarious characters and voice acting
Full of surprises and laughs
Cons: Little short left me wanting more
No collectibles menu to let you know what and where
missed items.
Overall: 8.3 A blast from start to finish, if you love a good story driven adventure this game will entertain you. Maize is a evening full of laughing and surprising twits and turns.


Comments

Popular Posts