Nightmares of the Deep 3: Davy Jones


Nightmares of the Deep 3: Davy Jones
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Platform: Xbox One X

Nightmares of the Deep is without question my favorite of the Artifex Mundi hidden object game series.The first one was the very first game of theirs I played, and I was hooked. I was so excited to see this was coming, and worried it wouldn't live up to the last two being it was the final game in the trilogy. I wasn't let down at all upon playing it. I think this might be my favorite of the games yet. The story is just so well written, and interesting. It really pulled me in from the start.
Sara Black returns to the museum, and to the series. This time she must rescue her daughter after she signs a pact with the dreadful pirate Davy Jones. So that is how the journey begins on the eerie Cursed island that is full of pirate skeletons, and the ghosts of Davy's victims. I don't want to give away to much, but the story is so dramatic, and heart warming. There is no way you pirate lovers won't fall in love with this tale.
The game is beautiful as well. So bright and colorful the 68 hand drawn locations just really looked amazing on my new 4K television. You can tell a lot of time went into the drawings, the story, and the puzzles. They weren't really challenging this time, but there was a few that had me a bit stumped for a bit. Once again though you are able to get hints, or even skip if you get stuck. I'd recommend not doing so though to my achievement hunting readers, because there is achievements for finishing with no skips or hints.
As usual the voice acting , and music is astounding. Artifex Mundi really has some quality developers, as well as voice actors. There is fairly few of their titles, that I haven't really enjoyed. Without question at the top of the mountain when it comes to hidden object games development. I really can say this might be my favorite yet.

Pros: Beautiful hand drawn locations
Truly professional voice acting
Top Notch Storytelling
Quality soundtrack, and sounds
Well designed puzzles

Cons: None this time hidden object game perfection

Overall: 10 A perfect hidden object game, maybe the best yet. If you been thinking about getting into this type of game I'd recommend starting with Nightmares of the Deep. It truly is fun the whole family can enjoy.

For more info on this title checkout:
https://www.artifexmundi.com/

Comments

Popular Posts