Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom



"Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom"
Reviewed By: Carless yen
Developer: FDG Entertainment GmbH & Co. KG
Platforms: Playstation 4,Nintendo Switch,Xbox One,PC
Oh Wow this review might be huge, because I can't wait to talk about this game. Monster Boy is about a little boy who transformed into a pig by his uncle early in the game. Not just you but the entire village. It isn't the real character of your uncle though, so you go on a journey to turn everyone, and yourself back. As you progress you unlock other characters you can use each having their own special abilities. Games like this show the time that went into developing them. The reason I say this because every area is accessed by the different abilities. To me that shows they put in a ton of work developing this game. You can become a dragon that flies and breathes fire, so you can use him to burn things to get to new places or reach high places. You Unlock a Lion that can run across water or break blocks while running, A frog that can use his tongue to swing to high places. I won't spoil them all , but they are amazing to look at and play with. I don't think I liked any character more than the other. I loved them all so very well designed and a blast to try out. 



The world is just beautiful and well put together. with so many hidden things to find from chests, to music sheets, to new weapons and armour. Everything is so well put together, and I just had so much fun on this adventure. This to me is how retro arcade games should be made. This and Shantae both took me back to the days when I first discovered the Legend of Zelda on the NES console. Games like these really give you everything. They consume time. I think I spent over 25 hours trying to 100% thism they give you great stories and adventure. Spot on controls. It also is so appealing to the eyes. I can't get over how beautiful this game is. I felt so strongly about this title If it came out before I did my Awards it would have been Game of the Year. I think with the upcoming line up next year I think it could very much grab that title in 2019. So I don't think I need to tell you that I think you should go out , and grab it . I think everyone should. In my opinion the best game of 2018.
So much stuff to do, and find. So many different characters. So much beautiful areas to explore , and discover. I could sing this games praises all day, but I don't want to spoil the adventure for anyone reading this who might grab it. I think all of you should, but I know these small arcade titles aren't always huge sellers, but this one should be. I received this game as a review copy digital, but I plan on buying a physical copy of this to add to my collection. I think on the Switch , because this is the type of game I'd really enjoy on there. So will you.



Pros; Bright, Beautiful,and colorful areas
Tons of replay value and hidden items
Amazing Story and Adventure
Wonderful and unique characters
Delightful Music
Hours and Hours of gameplay
Cons: None
Overall: "10" Perfection in my opinion the best video game of 2018, and to be honest one of the best indie arcade titles of all times. A can't miss adventure that will delight you the same way Zelda does. Just amazing game developing here.

Comments

Popular Posts