"Fury Unleashed"


"Fury Unleashed"
Reviewed By: Carless Yen
Developer: Awesome Games Studio
Release Date: 05/08/2020
Platforms: Steam, Xbox, Switch, PS4
Price: 19.99
Do you enjoy Rogue like games? Games like Dead Cells that encourage gaming in one setting with spiked difficulty levels. Or maybe you enjoy gaming with friends, with action packed combat like you'd find in Contra or Metal Slug. Then you are going to love Fury Unleashed. I've had it a few days now, and I haven't been able to put it down to play anything else. It is just so much fun, and I love the comic book format and art style. It really reminds me of another favorite game of mine the under appreciated "Guns, Gore, and Canoli" series. I hope this game does fairly well because I'd love to see a sequel or maybe comics added to this one. Each comic acts as it's own level with it's own theme. The first is like a jungle full of enemy skeleton demon warriors, traps, and man eating plants. The pages of the comics act as the layout of the levels, and every time you play they are randomly generated so it's never the same layout. Every game you experience will be different even with the bosses. There are 40 different ones, so there are tons of attack patterns to master if you want to become really good at Fury Unleashed.

The whole games concept is made up of combos inspiring you to move quickly so that abilities are made stronger by your combo score. The game will also throw objectives at you randomly that will let you gain rewards like Melee certain enemies or reach certain areas in a certain amount of time. These are a lot of fun, and add so much to the game. You really don't have any idea what to expect when you enter the next room so you are always on your toes. You might even walk into a random boss fight while your energy is low. They do drop health beads as well as yellow and black ones that can be used for upgrading, donating , and purchasing items. The health ones don't come in bunches though. You can get perks that make them more frequent, but they still won't be simple to come by. Fury unleashed is a challenge, but it isn't over challenging. You level up every time you play, and you keep these skills. You also level up with your own personal experience so it really feels good to watch your self get better the more you play. That for me is one of the main reasons it's just hard to quit playing it. I love see how much better I have become against the bosses, and how I learn that I don't need to kill everything I see, or visit every room every time.

The music is great it was done by Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz the creators behind the music in some well known classics like the Witcher, Bulletstorm, and a favorite of mine Shadow Warrior 2. So you know it's really well done and enjoyable. The music and sounds of Fury Unleashed are just amazing. It's really nice to look at as well. I can honestly say I enjoy everything about it, and can't think of much negative to say about it. I enjoyed everything from the leveling up system to the character creation. You have so many choices, and you can unlock so much more. The game really encourages replay and you don't get bored doing that. It never feels repetitive at all. Every time you play it just feels so new and fresh.

I loved the way the enemies and bosses look. They were really well developed and so cool to discover new ones. They all have unique attack patterns to challenge you. Each Comic has three main bosses that if you beat unlocks the next comic. Every comic has it's own themes the first as I said being jungle, the second being Nazis, and they asked me not to show the 3rd because they wanted to not spoil it. I get that I love when a developer puts so much effort into a title that they want to keep it spoiler free. You can really see the time that went into this game. It shows from start to finish. The Nazi level has tons of soldiers and machines that attack you. The third like I said I'll leave it a surprise, but this is when the game really gets it's Contra feel to me.

The controls are smooth and flawless. You will move through the levels with double jumps, dashes, and stomps. It feels really good to control. you will pull off some really amazing highlight clip worthy moves about every time you play. You even get special abilities the one you start with is freeze. it will freeze everything on the screen for a certain amount of time. After you use it has a cool down wait though. You will also find more and my favorite so far is the Drone. It has helped me take out a lot of bosses. It just seems everything really aids you on your adventure. Nothing is really just cosmetic even the armors have abilities that you are going to need. Things like faster reload times for weapons or more drops. So you really have to study what you pick up and actually learn your favorites. The same can go for the weapons as well. Everything is so different and fun to learn to use. Everything also has numbers attached to it for strength and has rarity levels. The more you play the more you will discover your favorites.

I could go on and on about this game,, but I think I'm get back to it. I miss it already. I really , really enjoy it and think most will to. They just did everything right with this one. I'm sitting here trying to think of Cons for my Pros and Cons list, and I can't think of anything. What could I say really? It's a action packed Coop game that reminds you of Contra or Metal Slug. It runs flawless with perfect controls.It's loaded with hours of replay and it's an addictive adventure that never feels repetitive. I remember playing Contra over and over with friends as a kid, and this feels the same way. I can see myself coming back to this one over and over. The music and comic book graphics are just amazing. With all that said i'm just skipping the Pros and Cons section for the first time in awhile. This whole review was a pros section and there aren't any Cons in my opinion.

Overall: 9.0
This is the game you been waiting for Coop fans. If you loved Contra or Metal Slug grab this. If your stuck at home with family and looking for something to play together here you go your wait is over. Fury Unleashed is for you. If your home alone it's for you as well though. Fury Unleashed just is gaming perfection, and I feel blessed to have experienced it, and had the chance to share Awesome Games Studio little piece of art.
Video Review Below:

Comments

Popular Posts