Chicken Police: Paint it Red

The Chicken Police: Paint It Red Review



Reviewer: Console Carl
Publisher:
HandyGames
Platforms: Switch, PC, XBOX, Playstation
Release Date: Nov 5th 2020
Price:19.99



It doesn't take long into The Wild Gentleman's Chicken Police to realize you just stepped into a special world. Clawville is full of amazingly well written characters with dialogue delivered by professional acted voice actors. I'd go to the point of saying probably the best I've heard in a game in years and maybe ever. It's pure perfection the way they deliver their lines, and pull you into the story so well. Every character feels important to the story, and you actually care about every one of them. None of the characters come up short, and all get their moments and time on screen. You will have your favorites I'm sure , but I really think most people will enjoy every one of them. I especially say this for animal lovers. They really show a ton of love to the animal kingdom in this title, and go to the point of showing just how many animals we've lost over the last couple decades. I really was impressed and touched by this gesture.



You play as Santino“Sonny” Featherland a cop with only 121 days until retirement. You really feel for this guy, and hope he makes it to see that day. He has lost his wife, become some what of a drunk, been shot by his ex partner the gun loving Martin “Marty” MacChicken (who really steals the show comedically at times), and has been pulled into a really dangerous case this time. Sonny and Marty really shine on screen, their back and forth is some of the best I've seen in a game. I'd actually say better then most films I've seen in awhile as well. I actually would loved to see this duo in a animated film. The story is just such quality. It really has that Film Noir feel you know and love from classic detective stories. It feels pulled straight out of a detective novel, or off a screen in days past. I'd have to say this as a great compliment this story and production feels like something delivered by TellTales or DontNod. Maybe even better. I can say with ease I enjoyed this as much as "Life Is Strange" and "The Walking Dead" games. It's top quality. I really think this is my "Indie Game of the Year" winner. I don't want to tell to much about the story like I have seen some people doing. I feel this is one you will want to experience for yourself. I just want to make sure I express the overall quality of this one.



I know I compared it to some heavy graphic novel titles, and I usually say I don't enjoy those games. This is something different though. There is much more than just reading and watching these amazing stories and characters. You have to do a lot of detective work as well. Shooting puzzle solving, investigation really come into play. There is a lot of interrogation as well. You have to question and listen to a lot of characters to help you determine just who the guilty party is in the end. We aren't going to spoil that for you though. We aren't even going to tell you what you are investigating. I want you to feel the same way I did around every plot twist and turn. There is exciting shoot outs and escapes as well you must control. Like I said i isn't sitting there reading the whole time. It took me around 7 to 8 hours to complete Chicken Police, and I will certainly be going back to play it again soon. I loved it so much, and is one the best game I reviewed in awhile. This is those type of games you love as a reviewer. There is no way you saw this coming. To be honest It was more of a WTF is this moment when it popped up in my email to review. A game with "CHICKENS" as "POLICE"? I was so wrong though. Minutes in I was in love with this game.



I also loved the music I must say. It really felt like something you'd see in these type of films. Even some beautiful singing from one of the characters Natasha. You cat lovers are really going to adore her I think. She is the main female character of the game, and she is a Dame as Sonny might say. She is the main thing that gets you into this mess is all I'll say. I'm sorry I'm so vague, but this is a special game and story and I really want you to experience it all for yourself. Once you play it I'm sure you'll understand why. Chicken police is something very special that you must experience for yourself to really understand. I say a lot of people see my score for this one, and think I'm crazy. They will quickly understand and feel the same once they give it a chance themselves. I'm so glad I got to review this one, because it is one of those you might miss out on. Just looking at it from the outside it doesn't seem like something as special as it is. Once you get your hands on it, and start to read other reviewers takes on it you know just how important this one is. If you only play one Indie game this year I hope it's Chicken Police: Paint it Red.



Pros:
Excellent Story.
Professional quality Voice Acting.
Unforgettable and Loveable characters.
Fun action sequences, puzzle solving, and interrogations.
Outstanding music.



Cons:
For the first time in a long time I have to say this game doesn't have any. I loved everything about it, didn't experience any issues, and was hooked to the point that I played it from start to finish without taking a single break.



Overall Impression: 9.8
Chicken Police is a can't miss. With out question my Indie Game of the Year. The story, the music, the voice acting, the characters. It all just adds up to something very special that I'm sure most will fall in love with it like I did.

Comments

Popular Posts