Roundguard Review

"RoundGuard"



Review by Courtney
Developed and published by Wonderbelly Games
Available on Xbox, Steam, PS and Switch for
Price $19.99
Roundguard is a super cute pinball game with a dungeon crawling roguelike twist.
The game gives you three classes to play from, each with their own abilities and perks. The goal is just to get as far as you can and once you die, you're back at the start.



If you've ever played Peggle, you'll know how most of Roundguard works. I actually grew up playing quite a bit of peggle with it being one of the few games I would play with my dad. I immediately took to Roundguard and found it gave me a lot of nostalgia for those times.
The art style is super cute and sort of childlike in an adorable way, and the controls all handled pretty great in my opinion. One issue I ran into was occasionally I would load into a boss level and I'm not exactly sure what happened but it was like I just skipped the boss. It would give me the achievement and then go to the next level as if I defeated him, but the level never happened. It would just give me the treasure. Maybe I was doing something wrong or that was supposed to happen I have no idea.


My only other thought is, either I really got the hang of the game by the time I tried the wizard, or she's much easier than the other characters.
For the most part I think it's a cute and simple little time sink, and maybe would be fun for little kiddos as well.
My overall rating is a



Game Trailer:







Comments

Popular Posts