ROUNDOUT by Powgi Review

"ROUNDOUT by Powgi"


Reviewer: Carless Yen
Developer: LightWood Games
Publisher: LightWood Games
Release Date: 12-16-20
Platforms: Nintendo, Playstation, XBOX, and PC
Price: 7.99

Description


The latest POWGI game is a mash-up of two popular word puzzles. It’s a kross between Word Wheel and Kriss Kross. Yes, it wheely is!

Roundout takes the fast and satisfying word-forming action of Word Wheel and gives it a new, visible goal to work towards. Plus, a free bad joke with every puzzle solved!


Review

     Games like this are usually hard for me to review. Mainly because I like to make my reviews long and in depth, but how can you really do that covering a puzzle game like this. So this one will probably be short and sweet, and I'd expect the same from the video review as well. That is nothing against the game at all. I really enjoyed my time with it, and this review will mostly be positive. It is what you'd expect from these guys. I've reviewed another of their games, and it was pretty much the same story. A puzzle game that works perfectly, and provides a ton of fun. I had pretty much the same con with this one as I did the first. Would liked to seen a daily puzzle or a random generated one to add to the replay of it. That being said you will be playing this a long time though before you'd need this feature as there is 120 puzzles. You are gonna be playing a long time before you complete all those. I'd say most people would be able to start right over from the start, and still be stumped trying to figure out the words. Some people with photogenic or excellent memory really would enjoy this feature though. I think real puzzle fans that would buy this would be people who's want to make this a daily routine, and Achievement/Trophy hunters but I'll get into that in a second.  I really think random generated words and letters puzzle would be a great addition to this. I haven't solved all 120 puzzles , but I'm close. That is the only thing I can honestly say about this game that I don't think isn't perfection. It runs so smoothly. The controls are precise. You can move around the letter wheel with ease and precision.  The game knows if you put a word in that isn't on the board and awards you with it. It's just a really well developed, and running game on the platform I played it on. 


    The way it works is you have a wheel of letters, and empty blocks on the screen. You have to use only those letters to make words on the screen above. There will be a minimum of letters on each puzzle. Some will have at the least 3, 4, and even 5 letter words. There will be a couple words that will even use every letter, but there will be a minimum as stated before. These will really stump you, and some puzzles may even take you like 30 minutes. Some you will knock out faster like a couple I figured out in around 3 to 5 minutes. It's going to take you a long time to knock out all 120 though. So I think it's a bargain at $7.99. Some of the words are really words you don't use on a daily basis, so you will have to think awhile to figure those out. There are also words like "Penis" that they attach funny achievements to. If you are an Achievement/Trophy hunter I think using a walkthrough you can get a complete game on this one in about 30 minutes using a walkthrough. Most the Achievements are for putting a certain word in on a certain level, and you can load up any level you want. You don't have to unlock them with progress. I believe you can get every achievement besides that by solving the first 6 puzzles. So it's another affordable gamer score padding title. So it will attract that audience as well.  I certainly recommend this to puzzler fans. It's a really well put together game. I love the fact you can go into light and dark mode. You can turn on and off the music, and you can sit and play this relaxingly for hours and hours. This is one of those games that is just perfect at the end or start of your day. Rather you are drinking your coffee and about to take on the world, or your enjoying your sleepy time tea about to end another successful day. Roundout is a perfect name in that case. 

Flawless/Smooth controls.
Delightful not annoying at all music.
Challenging words and puzzles.
Can change from light to dark mode.
Affordable fun
Easy Achievements/Trophies.



Would have like a random generated Puzzle to extend replay value.


Overall Impression



A fun addictive puzzler, that provides a ton of replay value and easy Achievements/Trophies. Really think it's worth you time if you enjoy doing puzzle solving. 

"Video Review"




















Comments

Popular Posts