Aground Review

 

Aground Review

Reviewer: Carless Yen

Platforms: XBOX, PC, Nintendo, Playstation

Developer: Fancy Fish Games

Publisher: Whitethorn Digital

Price: 14.99

Release Date: 02-11-21



Description


Survival is only the beginning. The only way for humanity to have a future is to return to the stars and confront them. But, it will require a lot of ingenuity and help to recover everything that was lost, and even that might not be enough...

Aground is a Mining/Crafting RPG, where there is an overarching goal, story and reason to craft and build. As you progress, you will meet new NPCs, unlock new technology, and maybe magic too. Will you be able to raise dragons? Launch into space? The sky is literally not the limit. Beneath its simple exterior, Aground hides a lot of depth and surprises that will keep you wondering “what’s next?”


Features

Craft absolutely anything!
Explore a vast universe!
Experience a story with multiple paths!
Over 100 hours of content!

Screenshots







My Review

    My written review won't be incredibly long, because there is a video review below where we show plenty of this title. I did how ever want to write a little for people who may not check that video out. I had such a good time with this one though. I can honestly say this might be one of my favorite survival/crafting titles. Most of the time they just feel shallow, and like nonstop fetch quests. "Aground" is so different then that though. It's loaded with so much content. The 14.99 almost feels like your robbing these guys with all you get here. The crafting  and cooking of items at times feels almost unlimited. Pizzas, Pancakes, Blue Berry Pies, all the yummy stuff you can imagine and be cooked up in your kitchen to help aid you on your mission to restore humanity. As one of the last survivors that is your quest. Don't worry you are not alone. You will come across tons of friends to help you along the way. 


       Miners, Hunters, Blacksmith, Traders, and so many others will help you set up structures to help build a new civilization. You will build farms, warehouses, kitchens. markets, and many others. There you can trade things, make meals, and forge things from metals you mine in the grounds below. You can even build a mining cart to explore all of the grounds you dug out below with your trusty pickaxe. Speaking of pickaxes the weapons and tools you can also craft seem unlimited as well. Armors, weapons, tools, galore. The pickaxes can also be made with stronger materials allowing you to dig deeper in the harder grounds. You can even craft lanterns and torches to see in the dark the deeper you dig. I feel like I'm giving so much away in this review, and my video and I hate to spoil all the surprises. There is lots of those, and lore behind this game that caught me by surprise. It's so much more in depth than the trailers and screenshots can show you.


So is this one for you? Do you enjoy games like Minecraft, Forager, or Terraria? I think if so you'd really love your time with "Aground" I think you'll probably actually enjoy this one a lot more. I think it does everything it sets out to do, and more. It also does more than those previously mentioned titles as well. There is so much more here than the eye can see, you really have to sit down and invest some time into it to really see just how special it is. I know I'll be going back to this one after my review, because I can feel it calling me now as I type this out. It is just so much fun, and never really feels repetitive, or like a grind at all. Lot of these type games feel like a nonstop grind but Aground makes all those usually grindy moments feel fun. You will actually enjoy hunting everything you need to create your next structure or meal. 







Unlimited Crafting and Cooking.

Loaded with tons of content.

Adorable art style and fun characters.

Full of surprises and fun. 


I'm finding it hard to find anything negative to say about this one.

Only thing I can say is it doesn't hold your hand. Some times you feel lost, but that's also a positive to some people like myself.


Overall Impression

Might be one of my favorites survival games to date. Crafting and mining has never been so much fun. 



VIDEO REVIEW

























Comments

Popular Posts