Werewolf the Apocalypse Review

"Werewolf the Apocalypse Review" 

Reviewer: Carless Yen

Developer: Cyanide

Publisher: Nacon

Platforms: XBOX, PC, Playstation, Nintendo

Release Date: 02/04/2021

Price: $49.99




Description

This product entitles you to download both the digital Xbox One version and the digital Xbox Series X|S version of this game.

Preorder Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood now to get the following content:

- The full game

- The exclusive Cahal The Exiled One outfit

- Dark fur for the Werewolf and Wolf

- An Auspice of Ahroun emblem embroidered on the outfit

A unique experience full of savage combat and mystical adventures, inspired by the famous role-playing game.

You are Cahal, a powerful Garou who chose to go into exile after losing control of his destructive rage. On his quest for redemption and blood, Cahal plays a crucial role in the great war between the Garous and Endron, a powerful oil company that serves the Wyrm, whose destruction is ravaging the planet.

He can transform into a wolf and a Crinos, a huge ferocious beast.



Screenshots





My Review

Spoiler alert right from the start. I completely loved this from the first second I started it up. There is just something so unique and special about Werewolf the Apocalypse. I just couldn't put the controller down. Everything about it just grabbed me and took me on a roller coaster ride. You play as Cahal which leaves his pack when he loses control of his rage. Which makes this  a redemption story as he tries to prove himself to his pack and aid in their battle with Endron a evil oil that serves the Wyrm which is sort of like a god of destruction. Destruction of the planet so yes it does feel like it has a tree hugging story element to it. It isn't one that is super preachy though, and it makes since considering they are a pack of werewolves, and the forest is their home. They have their own godlike presence, that will deliver you side missions that leans more to the side of loving nature. You will be sent on quests to find and lead spirits to the other side. While bringing Endron to their end. 


Cahal is really fun to control. You can go from man, to a wolf, to Crinos a furious wolf beast that is very tank like. Crinos is best for taking down huge swarms of enemies or large ones. The wolf is great for stealth he can get into smaller areas, and sneak up on enemies for the stealth kills. When you get get the stealth kills you will transfer back to a human so you can be seen easier, so after you must transform back quick. It really makes you think how you approach areas, and you can use a wolf sense to see layouts of enemies in the rooms ahead. It really helps you get a plan. You don't only have to avoid enemies though there are also cameras to stay away from as well. You do get a crossbow though that will have 3 to 5 arrows that you can use to shoot cameras or even enemies. It like everything is upgradeable. There are tons of upgrades , but it is fairly easy to get upgrade points so you can unlock everything on your first play through. I love the stealth aspect of the game. There are actually areas you can completely get past without even having a fight. I love it when I et past one without alerting a single enemy. There are some though that you have to fight. The only con I think I had with this game is some times it can feel repetitive, or like your playing horde where you are just fighting enemies over and over in squared area. This was not very often, and maybe a little more towards the end. I still really enjoyed it even when it felt like sort of a grind. It could also be, because I played it from start to finish. I really couldn't stop so this could be on me. I actually started it right back up after I completed it. I really couldn't wait to review it as well so hated the embargo on it. I couldn't wait to scream from the rooftops just how great this game is.

Everything about it just feels so EPIC. The way it looks from the cut scenes to the game play just blew me away. It really is the best looking game I've seen on my Series X so far. The Cutscenes really are mind blowing and feel like you are watching a film. I included a lot of them in my video review so please check it out. The music is superb, the voice acting is top notch. None of the characters were annoying at all, and all did an amazing job. I really cared about every character, and wanted to learn more about them. The fighting is really fluid and smooth it reminded me of the Arkham games. The stealth is also really well done. When I told people about this title I said Splinter Cell meets Arkham Asylum. That is how it felt to me. That is how well polished the whole experience was for me. I never experienced a single issue or glitch in my complete play through. I really can say with out question "Werewolf the Apocalypse" is the best title I've played so far in 2021. I was addicted from opening credits to the final ones. I will be recommending this to everyone I talk to about games, and be remembering at the end of the year when I think about our Game of the Year awards. Don't miss out on this one, you'll regret it. 


Beautiful graphics the game and cut scenes are so eye pleasing.

Smooth and awesome combat, the fights are legendary and fun.

The stealth feels great, very Splinter Cellish.

The voice acting is award winning levels.

Music feels spot on, fits into the action perfectly. Really aids the Epic Story.



Can feel repetitive at times. 

Some of the areas feel exactly the same, but there are a lot of really cool areas as well.


Overall Impression

You probably already know by now from reading this the kind of score that is coming. In my opinion if Game of the Year was handed out today it would be "Werewolf the Apocalypse" i love it , and think a lot of others will to. Can't wait to see the reviews as they roll in today. 



Video Review

















Comments

Popular Posts