Grim Legends 3: The Dark City


Grim Legends 3: The Dark City
Platforms: Steam and Xbox One
Developer: Artifex Mundi

In Grim Legends 3 you play as Sylvia a member of a secret Order put in place to stop Monsters and guarding a powerful Incarceri Stone.She must gain her memory back which she lost some time ago on a mission, while trying to recover the stone from a evil Wraith named Koshmaar. She must travel to Lichtenheim with her leader , and try to recover the stone, and save the world.
Artifex Mundi just delivers another solid ending to a trilogy here. everything is just spot on from the music, to the art, and it is just loaded with puzzles. This time around they even make you have time limits and go mistake free to get your achievements. I know a lot of achievement hunters might not like this because Artifex Mundi is known for being a easy 1000 points or trophy, but this time around you can miss a lot of them on your first play thru. I don't mind this so much, it gives it more replay value. I only missed one on my go, and I'll go back and get it later.
I think these may be some of the best puzzles, and most challenging in a Artifex Mundi game to date. I really enjoyed that. I think this may be one of the games with a better art style as well. It really made me want to see a animated movie based on this title. I enjoyed really everything about this one. It is one I really do look forward to going back to again soon. The Pirates one is still my favorite , but this is certainly in my top 5. Only thing missing was a companion like you usually get in your Artifex adventures.

Pros: Beautiful artstyle
Mesmerizing music
Challenging puzzles
Fun Achievements
Great ending to a story

Cons: No Little Companion
Ended to soon

Overall: 7.6 One of the best hidden object games to date, Artifex Mundi really brings another great series to a end with beautiful art, and a well written story.

Comments

Popular Posts