Doughlings: Arcade


Doughlings: Arcade
Reviewed By: Carless Yen
Developed by: Hero Concept
Platforms Steam and Xbox

   Wow I'll just start by saying this game is addictive as it gets. I can't remember the last time i had to delete a game just to stop playing it so I could get the review done for it. It is just a blast to play and really hard to walk away from. It is one of those games that just demands to be finished one hundred percent. I was like I have to beat every level, then it was I have to 3 star them all, and last I have to get every achievement . Really a fun puzzler, and a game I see most people falling in love with. it feels like Super Breakout meets Peggle.
     You play as Morpheus some kind of cool creature called Doughlings that is on a quest to cure all of his friends. You cure them by bouncing the ball off of yourself into colored creatures like yourself. They have different colors they change every time you hit them until they are finally gone. Your objective is to cure them all. Also while collecting stars, you want to finish the level with 3 stars, but you don't have to to advance. I think Morpheus gets his name from his ability to morph into different versions of himself that have different powers. Everyone of them is unique and cool as hell. You have one version that is a ghost and when you morph into him your ball floats thru every enemy in a straight line until it wears out. he also has a second ability to bring enemies back to life to get more points. I love this , because I was going at those leaderboards hard. I was number one in the world on a lot of levels. There is also Smash who is sort of a Incredible hulk Doughling that is huge and makes it harder to miss the ball, his second ability his a smash that clears a lot of enemies for you. There is gunner who has two pistols, he shoots doughlings really fast, and if you use his second ability it slows down the  ball and you have a ton more time to shoot Doughlings. There is also robo he grabs the ball with magnet hands and can aim it where ever he wants to shoot it with a line targeting system. His second ability is a huge lazer that wipes out everything in a straight line forward. There is even a spider Doughling that enables you two shoot two balls to knock back and forth, and the second ability casts a web along side the bottom so the ball can't be missed and it bounces back into play. Every doughling is a blast to learn, and play with.
     I loved just about everything about the game. From the music, to the colors surroundings. I loved the Doughling characters and they sounds they make. I was really hooked on this one. I really had only one issue and that was freezing up, especially if I was looking at the Achievements , or went to home screen. It happened a lot, and a few times I lost my saves because of it. I'm sure that will be fixed, and it didn't slow me down one bit from wanting to jump right back into it. I highly recommend this title. One my favorite Tetris like puzzlers to date. It's a can't miss for people into games in that genre.

Pro: Wonderful lead character
        Hilarious sounds
        Great Narrator voice acting
        Really cool Music
        Addictive gameplay and Achievements
        Bright colorful graphics

Cons: Freezing and saving issues

Overall: 8.4 A can't miss Tetris style puzzler, that gets you hooked early and leaves you wanting more and more.

Comments

Popular Posts