"Tcheco and the Castle of Lucio"


"Tcheco and the Castle of Lucio"
Reviewed By: Carless Yen
Publisher: Fantastico Studio
Developer: Marcelo Barbosa
Platforms: Steam and XBOX coming soon to Switch
Release Date: 6/5/2020
Price: 4.99
If you been looking for something to take you back to your NES days wait no longer.If you don't feel like dusting off your old NES today, and playing games from that famous Nintendo Plumber. You can spend a few bucks and play as Tcheco Brazil's most famous lover, but he is also a pretty good adventurer as well. You can make your way through 65 platforming levels while battling three pretty epic bosses. The game is pretty tough I will warn you though. It really has that old NES feel where when you die you start from scratch all over again. There is a code though that might aid you on your journey. I'll leave that for you to discover for yourself though. I want to tell you to check out the trailer for this one though before starting your game. It is just hilarious, and will make you love Tcheco even more.

The game really has that NES look and sound. The music reminds me of Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers a lot. That is a compliment , because that game had a really nice soundtrack. One almost as good as Ducktales in my opinion. It also has that classic 8bit look as well. It really feels like one of those obscure hidden gem NES games, and I'd love to see this get a physical release on a NES cart. I always love adding a new one to my collection. The movement is fluid and fast, and really spot on. It really would make a great speed runner. I already saw a few vids on Youtube for World Record and it was around the 8 minute mark. I don't see that standing long, because I saw actual better moves to be made in his run. I look forward to seeing challengers for this record, and hopefully streams. It really is a fun game to watch speed ran, so much quick action. You won't beat it that fast though your first time though, It really is quite a challenge. I actually read several reviews of reviewers whining about that. They were wanting checkpoints and save spots like most modern games. It is kind of funny to me though when people review games and are negative towards them, because of their own lack of skill. That has nothing to do with the overall quality of a game, and it's disappointing when a game takes a few bad scores for this reason. Tcheco is very beatable though it really never gave me to much of a challenge where I became frustrated.Like most games of it's kind there are patterns to learn, and when you do it all just comes together for you.

For my Achievement hunters out there this is a pretty simple complete game. I notice the trend of the 4.99 games usually leads to a easy completion. The only issue is a couple of the Achievements are glitched so will have to wait for the developer to repair that, but then they should pop.. If really skilled think you could get a complete 1,000 gamer score in around 15 minutes. That was one of the only issues I experienced with this one. Well except on one level where the floor appears under you , and you have to jump at the right moment to move up with it some times you fall through and don't respawn. I was able to reload game and continue from there though. That was one of my only issues and the glitched Achievements. It was really a fun experience all around besides that. I think I'm get back to it myself actually, and try to get that World Record. That's right Breno Maia I'm coming for that record look out.

Pros:
Feels just like a classic NES title
Smooth, fast, spot on controls
Challenging
Perfect for speed running
Really cool retro sounds and music
Rad Characters especially Tcheco
Cons:
Achievements currently glitched
Experienced glitching in one level


Overall: 8.0
Tcheco is a really cool dude. He's Good He's Wonderful and so is his game. If you enjoy old school NES games and Speed running them Tcheco's adventure is right up your alley. Your gonna love this game, and your going to love it's characters.

Comments

Popular Posts