"Evan's Remains"


"Evan's Remains"
Reviewed By: Carless Yen
Publisher: Whitethorn Games
Developer: Matías Schmied
Platforms: XBOX, PS4,Switch, PC
Release Date: 06/11/20
Price: 6.99

I've been sitting and waiting to write this review for days. There was an embargo until today so I had to just sit on my hands to not say anything about my experience with this game. Usually I think when there is an embargo the publisher or Developer is hiding something. Like some major flaw that if it gets out it is going to hurt the sales of the game. I was wrong about that on so many levels. Well maybe not completely they were trying to hide something. An amazing and beautiful story.I can understand now some times a developer knows what they have, and don't want that ruined early. So I'm going to do my best not to give away that much either.

You play as Dysis a girl in a mystery world in search of a boy named Evan. I really can't say much more about the story with out worrying I gave away to much. You are just going to have to trust me on this one. It is just a really emotional and heartfelt journey that is full of mystery. You may or may not figure it out early, but that won't matter as you come to the final moments. Your heart will melt, and you may have to wipe your eyes. We all get something in our eye, and have to do that from time to time. The characters will just make you laugh and fall in love with them so early. It is all just so well written. I'll admit at first I was like I have to read all this? They couldn't get even cheap voice actors, or voice acted themselves? Then about a few different story cut scenes in I had forgot all that, and was dialed in and hooked. The thing is if you don't get into story driven games, or you are replaying and know the out come. EVERY single section of dialogue can be skipped.Please though at least play it once and experience this amazing journey. It is one of those that really make you think. I haven't felt like this since "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons" If you played that you know what I mean. If not go play it. It's another of those games you should really experience.

The backgrounds, characters, and music are all beautiful as well. You will journey through so many different backdrops. Gorgeous beaches day and night, cities, and fields of flowers. They all look so amazing and the music just fits right in there. All of it is just perfection, and feels really good to explore. It is just overall so relaxing. The no fail puzzles will add to that as well. You can skip any thing that might become to challenging. I really doubt you do though they are kind of simple. maybe a little to simple? I understand what they were going for though. I just think maybe they could have made some a little less easy since I can skip without penalty any ways in case we wanted to add a little more play time to the experience. It is a really short game, but it's priced as one so that makes the short play time a little more easy to accept. The very affordable price also makes it a really can't miss experience. Such a beautiful and important at such a small price point it's kind of hard to pass on. I highly recommend adding this one to your collection. I actually think if your a lover a story driven games would be almost criminal to not go on this journey. I do how ever recommend bringing a tissue in case any one is slicing onions near by.

Pros:
Beautiful and Emotional Story
Delightful Music
Stunning Backdrops
Comical and Cute Characters
Affordable
Cons:
I Wished It Was a Bit Longer
A Bit Simple

Overall: 9.2
Evan's Remains is just a BEAUTIFUL experience from start to finish. It will tug at your heart strings and give you tons of emotions.You will not want it to end and when it does you will probably start it all over again. I know I did.
Video Review Below:


Comments

Popular Posts