"Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy"


"Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Platforms:GameCube,PS2, Xbox, PC,Nintendo Switch
Publisher: THQ Nordic
Developer: Eurocom

https://www.facebook.com/GamerGuysAndGal please like our page

The way I start this review will probably spoil the way the overall score of the game, but oh well.I will start by saying I can't believe I missed out on this game back on it's original run. I'm so glad they remastered it for the Nintendo Switch because I loved every second of it. The characters, the locations, story,music and sounds really just blew my mind. One of the best remasters I've played in some time. Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is a rare gem, and I might say one of the most under rated games of all times. It really gives off a N64 era Zelda vibe. amazing 3D adventuring that I think everyone should give this one a go if you have a Switch.

The protagonist Sphinx and his colleague Horus are given the task of retrieving the Blade of Osiris a magical sword. Horus is killed by a defensive beam at the Castle of Uruk, and Sphinx must complete the journey alone. Once he gets the sword he is attacked by the same ray and forced to travel into a portal that will take him to a unknown destination. He finds him self at the palace of a young Prince Tutenkhamen of Luxor. He is also a playable character, and his journey is just as fun and interesting. He gets himself into trouble though without giving away to much. Sphinx must save him, but that isn't all there is to Sphinx's journey. It goes on and on for almost 15 hours of gameplay, and every second of it is game development gold. Some of the most fun I have had of late reviewing games. It's one of those games that reminds you why you love gaming, and what is possible when a developer takes their time and loves their art. The game was met with really great reviews in it's original release, and this port does nothing but improve upon it. I think it's a must own if you have the Switch, and I hope to add it to my physical collection as well soon.

I usually go into all the little details with games pros and cons, I talk about how it looks and the sounds and music. with this it just isn't really of importance. It isn't because Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy just delivers on all fronts. In my opinion it is a nearly perfect title that hasn't got it's just due yet. I hope the Switch release does that. So i'm not doing Pros and Cons with this one.

Overall: 9.5 One of the most under rated 3D Adventures that fans of the genre will love. A most own for owners of the Switch, really adds to their library.


Comments

Popular Posts