"The Walking Vegetables: RADICAL! Edition"


"The Walking Vegetables: RADICAL! Edition"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Platforms: PS4, XBOX One, Nintendo Switch
Publisher: Merge Games
Developer: Still Running
I don't even know where to start with this game. I had so much fun with it. If I had to compare it to something it reminded me a lot of the Binding of Issac which I also loved. Your running around a city smashing stuff up, and grabbing tons of Gold, Guns, Gadgets, and Goodies all the good "G" words while being attacked by Hordes of zombie Veggies. You have a melee weapon, and two ranged ones. There are so many cool weapons to find from MP40s to Rocket Launchers. Like the Binding of Issac it is one run and one life. When you die you start all the way over. So you have new building layouts, new bosses, and new enemies twenty different types to be exact. It is randomly generated so it is never the same. You will find yourself playing it over and over. You can also build your character up, and try different styles. There are actually more than 20 different types of upgrades you can experiment with. 



This game without a doubt is loaded with replay value. The game is just never the same. It will have you coming back to it over and over. What is even better is that it is also couch Coop, so you can also go through it with a friend. I think that makes it a little bit easier to, considering the one life thing can be a struggle at first. The Achievements are also a blast to go after on this one. I had a lot of fun replaying for that purpose alone. I played through multiple times and it never really got repetitive to me. 



I loved the 80s look and sound, also the cool tributes and puns. It felt really retro, and the music was just so catchy and fun. I have to say I really enjoyed my time with this, and think most retro fans will as well. I think fans of games like Binding of Issac and Dead Cells who enjoy a challenge, and one life will as well. This game doesn't hold your hand, and it can be very unforgiving especially the boss fights. They are really unique and funny bosses though that you enjoy battling.


Pros: Catchy 80s music and sounds
Classic 80s look and feel
A great Challenge
Loads of replay value
Game is never the same every time you play
Coop Fun

Cons: Enemies can feel repetitive after awhile

Overall: 8.2 If you ever wanted to play a unforgiving game like the Issac series with a friend this is for you, if you want a inexpensive game loaded with replay value this is for you to.


Comments

Popular Posts