Summer Sports Games


"Summer Sports Games"
Reviewed By: Carless Yen
Publisher: Joindots GmbH
Developer:Joindots GmbH
Platform:PC
Summer Sports Games is a Olympic sports title that is pretty much geared for the entire family. It has multiple skill levels so it can be enjoyed by every one. It also has up to four player mode as well so no one is left out. You take part in so many different events. I'll name them all below.

- Javelin Throw
- Hammer Throw
- Shot Put
- Archery
- 100m Run
- 400m Hurdles
- 400m Run
- Relay
- Long Jump
- High Jump
- Pole Vault
- Weightlifting

The controls for all of them are very easy to learn and master, and really add up to a lot of fun for everyone. You can even use the mouse with very easy to handle left and right mouse button smashing. May have to throw a arrow key in there every once in awhile, but really fun and simple. I had a blast with this title.Archery is probably my favorite. You have to adjust to the wind and everything. Game really takes me back to the days of Track and Field on the NES. I didn't struggle with any events, and had no issues at all. It runs smoothly rather your playing single player or multiplayer. I really recommend this to families that like to play together on PC. I also think it is great for all ages.
I think it looks great, the characters and level design all look really good. i wish I could create my own athletes though. I loved the sounds and music they fit in well with the overall experience. There isn't a whole lot to be said It is everything you'd expect from a game like this. Lot of button smashing, and precise timing to nail the angles or jumps. I think if you enjoyed Track and field on the Nintendo or arcade this is going to be played a lot and belong in your gaming library.

Pros: Runs smooth, and so are the controls
Looks and sounds like a modern Track and Field
Tons of events
Up to four player versus play

Cons: Wish you could create your own character
Was hoping for even more events like some below.
Skeet Shooting
Fencing
Triple Jump
Swimming
Overall: 7.2 I can honestly say even though I'd like to see a few more events, this was most fun I've had with an Olympic games title since wearing out controllers and fingers on the NES , and I hope the keep adding and updating it making it even better.

Comments

Popular Posts