"Australian Open 2 Tennis"


"Australian Open 2 Tennis"
Reviewed By: Super Contra Carl
Platforms: PC, XBOX,Switch,and PS4
Developer: Big Ant Studios
Publisher: Big Ben Interactive
Release Date:January 9, 2020
PriceTag: 59.99
AO Tennis 2 could very much be the best Tennis game I've played in my many years of gaming. I know that is a really revealing way to start off a review, but I really don't care. I was really surprised by this release. The second installment of this game just really feels like a different series all together. It really almost feels like a 2K experience. It feels like they did for Tennis what 2K did for the NBA and Wrestling games. The experience is just so perfect, and feels like a Tennis simulation then it ever has. The Academy was just a brilliant way to really add so much to this title. You get 25 players, and I think like 7 stadiums, but with the Academy you have the ability to make your own. If you aren't good at that you can download other people's creations. People that really know what they are doing, because they are pretty much perfection. You will have a giant roster of characters and stadiums before you know it.

The modes are really well rounded. You can play just a play now where you can play against AI or with or against a friend. There is situation where you can design any situation you would like to be in. Down Points or Sets, or even up just what ever you really wish. There are training modes to spruce up your game. My favorite of all is the Career mode though. It is so in depth one of the best career modes I have played in a sports title. You can decide if you want to train,make friends and play doubles, Play in Tournaments to make money to level up your character or buy things you need to grow as a pro player. You get a certain amount of money starting out to put towards your character, and the character creator is just amazing. You can pretty much look any way you choose to. The characters look really great after creation and you can change the colors and designs of all your clothes and equipment. You can even put logos on them. These can be the ones on the game, you design, or download from the Academy/ Every brand logo you can think of is there.

You will struggle with career mode a bit at a lower level, or you can just choose a character already on the game . The differences are just so great as a gamer. If your skilled make your own and face a real challenge, or a pro and have a easier journey for beginners. I love this aspect it just is appealing and playable for all skill and age of gamers. Tennis fans young and old, or new or experienced can all find fun in this title. As a pro you will paint the lines with ease just dominating your opponent, and a created player you will struggle with this some times hitting the ball out of bounds a lot. You have to really adjust to the different experiences. In my career I really struggled, and had really pay attention to things a lot more. had to watch where I was hitting the ball, and how hard. I loved this challenge and think most gamers will as well.

I loved the soundtrack as well. I was really surprised by it. I expected a lot of instrumental songs just thrown in there. There was actually a lot of really quality music choices thrown in there. It felt like it appealed to every type of music fan. There was even a catchy country song I enjoyed thrown in there that caught me off guard a little. I have to say the music is a real positive for the game as well as the sounds. The grunts, the crowd, the judges comments all sound really realistic and feel like your watching a real professional Tennis match. The same can be said with how it looks. From the challenges to player intros it just looks and feels like professional Tennis. I played on the One X, and it just looks amazing you can see everything even the fur on the ball. The Stadiums are just beautiful, I can't believe I enjoyed playing a Tennis game so much. I'll admit I'm a sports fan, but I haven't played Tennis in probably 20 years. I never watch it on TV much either. I love Football, Baseball, Basketball, Golf, and bunch other sports, and play all their games. This one holds up, and maybe surpasses a lot of those major releases like Madden. I can honestly say I had a better time with this than I did this years Madden or NBA2K. I think this is the best sports release title this current sports run. I could pick this up and play it all the time. I was done with Madden and NBA2K this current game run the first week I picked them up.

Is AO2 Tennis for you? If your a fan of the sport no question. If your just a sports fan no question. If your not really into sports i still think you can enjoy this game.Tennis is one of those games that everyone just enjoys playing. It isn't over difficult to understand, it's good exercise, and it's great for building social relationships like with Golf. I think the game delivers the same way as the sport does. Any one can learn and have fun with this one, and the experienced players can find a challenge in it as well. So give it a try, and let me know what you think.

Pros:
Beautiful Locations and Stadiums
Realistic Look and Feel
Easy to Learn hard to master
Career mode and The Academy are outstanding
Addictive Soundtrack
Smooth controls
Cons:
Small Roster but you can create or download any one
Overall
8.2
AO Tennis 2 might be the best Tennis game ever created. If not it is certainly the best of this Generation of consoles. everything about it just feels like real professional Tennis and makes you want to play it more and more.
Video Review Below:

Comments

Popular Posts