"Hovership Havoc"


"Hovership Havoc"
Reviewed By: Carless Yen
Developer: Snow Day Software
Release Date: 01-17-20
Price: 9.99
Hovership Havoc released today, and what did we think about it? Well spoiler alert it's a blast. At the price of 9.99 it's just loaded with replay value. This is one of those games that you are just going to play over and over. Not just because it's loads of fun, but because Tyson Prince from the band The Spin Wires delivers an amazing soundtrack. From start to finish the music just amps up the action. I found myself cranking up the television just to enjoy it even more. They have really lent their music to a lot of great games in my opinion. I'll never forget the first time I heard them in "Super Toy Cars" one of my first reviews I was hooked. If you'd like to hear more from them you should certainly check out www.spinwires.com

Now let's talk about the action. Hovership Havoc is a third person space shooter where you have to clear a section of enemies many type of variations. 15 different types to be exact so it never feels repetitive. Having to adjust to all of their different types of attacks. They also fill the areas with different types of turrets flame, rockets, and lasers fire at you while you run from waves of enemy robots. Every time you play the game it will never feel the same. because the levels are randomly generated. It kind of plays out like a rogue-like space adventure because when you die you start over, but you get to keep your upgrades. You can purchase upgrades by enemy drops. You can upgrade at the end of each level, or before you start the game. Can upgrade health, fire range, damage, speed, weapon cooldown, etc. You can also upgrade the bonus upgrades so they are stronger when you pick them up mid game. Upgrades like missiles, homing rockets, shields, drones and so on. There are 30 different types from defensive to long range attacks, to little drones that follow along side you and take out enemies. My favorite was probably the blades that circle around you. .

I can't believe I got this far into the review and haven't even talked about the 4 different ships. The Devastator a ship that shoots like a shotgun blast that is very powerful , but short ranged. It is without question my favorite and the one I finished the game first with. The Plasma Gatling my least favorite , because I struggled aiming it. It shoots a plasma beam with a lot of range. Laser Blaster which I can see a lot of people enjoying it's more of a rapid fire machine gun type weapon with medium range. I think this is the easiest to use of all of the ships. Last but not least the Pulse Cannon which is sort of a electric shotgun, but with less power, and kind of hard to get the hang of. It is a lot better as you upgrade it though. You will want to beat the game with each ship not only for the Achievements or Trophies, but because it is just fun to play with and level up the ships. That is the thing I loved about this game was just how replayable it was. It's hard to step away from. I knew I needed to review it , but I just kept starting it over and over. I think most people will do the same. The fast paced action, and incredible tunes just adds up to a really great release. I really look forward playing this more in the near future, and beating it with all the ships.

I really loved the bosses as well. They really look epic, they take up the entire screen and really offer up a good challenge. You have to really figure out a technique and learn patterns. You will probably die on them a few times, but you'll be glad to start all over with your new upgrades. Like I've said many times replay value.There is so many great things to say about Hovership Havoc, and I really couldn't find anything negative to say about it. It's just a real quality release all around. I really look forward to seeing what Snow Day Software delivers next. They certainly have my attention after this.

Pros:
Like I've said many a times "Replay Value"
"KILLER" Soundtrack
Fast paced action
Really cool upgrades and abilities
Variety of enemies and unique bosses
Always feels different randomly generated levels
Cons:
A tad short, but that just makes it easier to replay really.
Weapon Cool Down can be annoying,but upgrading helps
Overall 7.5
Hovership Havoc is a great value grab that offers hours and hours of game play. Fast paced action and really rad tunes will have you playing it over and over.

Comments

Popular Posts