"Iconoclasts"


"Iconoclasts"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Developed by: Joakim Sandberg
Publisher: BitFrost Games
Release Date: 1/23/2020
Price: 19.99
I'll start by saying this will not be your typical review. I'll get straight to the point , and really just be praising "Iconoclasts".
It really , really baffles me how a game this good goes under the radar. Joakim Sandberg spent 7 years developing this game, and the hard work really shows when you play it. The Legend of Princess and Noitu Love 1 and 2 are some of his other work I looked up after playing this, and they look quality as well. I really plan on getting my hands on them soon after playing this. I'll tell you from the start Iconoclasts is a perfect game. Any one follows my reviews knows how much I love WayForward and this game really looks and feels like it would be a part of their library. That is understandable I guess considering Joakim did work on one of the Shantae games I love so much I believe. Risky's Revenge I believe it was, and that was one of the titles that really made me fall in love with those guys. I really recommend "Iconoclasts" for any gaming fan though. It has everything beautiful retro like graphics, an amazing soundtrack, great storytelling and rad characters, and what Joakim is most known for some unforgettable epic boss battles. Let em talk a little about the game now, so you can see why I adore it so much.

You play as Robin a unlicensed mechanic in a world where technology is kind of sacred. The story is really so deep. I don't want to really give anything away about it though. I'd hate to spoil such an amazing story that really covers everything. Religion, sorrow, compassion, just everything is covered in this huge campaign full of just unforgettable characters. I don't see how this game isn't more talked about. "Iconoclasts" in my opinion is probably one of the 100 best games ever made and deserves a lot more fan fare. These characters will make you fall in love with them, as well as the well designed world. I love games that make you have to get certain weapons or items to back track through it to discover new areas and loot. Iconoclasts does that perfectly. You will get Wrench upgrades that allow you to travel on lines to different places,a bomb weapon that can blast through rock you couldn't before. It really just opens up the world for rediscovery. You will be discovering that world for a long time as well because this isn't a short Indie game. Iconoclasts is development perfection and your quest will take you long past 10 plus hours. The thing is you won't mind at all.

Iconoclasts is for every type of gamer in my opinion. It has a little of everything. Beat em up, Adventure, RPG, I think I could recommend this to any one and they would find joy in it. I hope the word gets out on this game, and it gets the love and coverage it deserves. I streamed this for hours, and the people just enjoyed it so much. You can tel so did I. So much I'm doing something that I have never done I'm giving another game a perfect score in the same month. There is no way I can give Iconoclasts anything but a perfect 10 score. I fell in love with it some where shortly after the push start screen. Amazing characters, bosses, level designs will pull you in and Robin and her amazing story filled journey capture your heart. Don't miss out on this game and certainly spread your love for it so every one can see just how perfect Iconoclasts really is.

Pros:
Perfectly designed beautiful 2D world to discover
Amazing Characters and enemies
Unforgettable Epic Boss Fights to learn to defeat
Really quality soundtrack that fits perfectly
Tons of replay value and new things to find
Lots of really cool weapons and items to aid on your quest
Cons:
It's hard to say anything negative about this. I never had a single issue with glitches or bugs. It ran perfect from start to finish. I always try to find something, but 2 games in a row I have to say Zero Cons. Amazing title.

Overall: 10
I don't know what I can say about "Iconoclasts" I haven't already said in my review. It's just an example of hard work and love for what you do. I hope to one day write a review that as much hard work went into it as this game did. I also hope one day "Iconoclasts" is the household name it deserves to be. Robin's little quest is addictive, magical, and unforgettable, and I hope it fills millions of others hearts with as much joy as it did mine.

Comments

Popular Posts