GhoulBoy


Review of Ghoulboy
Reviewed by Destiny Smith
Platforms: Steam, PlayStation 4, Vita, Switch
Developer: Serkan Baker
Publisher: Serkan Baker
I had a lot of fun playing ghoulboy it gives a retro feel to playing an arcade game. It’s your typical action based arcade style game. Has 10 levels, and has 12 trophies. The trophies aren’t to hard to achieve. I found that I enjoyed the music just as much as the game. I I found it to be somewhat frustrating when I couldn’t make a jump or if an enemy attacked me but it just gave me enough encouragement to keep going. I like these types of games because it’s challenging but not to hard the controls are good, you have 3 basic thing you throw your weapon, slash your weapon, and jump. You use the spear to help you get places, hidden treasures and other places in the game. I also like the game because it’s not one you have to over think, you can just sit down and play without having to remember a lot of things. It’s not a very big game but that doesn’t mean you won’t keep playing it after you complete all 10 levels. Out of 10 stars I give Ghoulboy 7 with its fun retro color style and retro music as well as game play I had fun. I recommend everyone to try this game.



Pros: The color style, easy to remember controls, the music, the fun characters, easy to follow story
Cons: None
Other games like this I’ve experienced have sometimes been to hard or made you wanna give up after you played it for a while it would be a lot of the same. I feel like ghoulboy took it to the next level with its obstacles without making the game to hard or to easy. If you are an action game fan who happens to love the arcade experience I strongly recommend this game for you because it gave me that feeling of being a kid at the arcade again and will keep me coming to play it again and again.
After playing ghoulboy I’ve read where people would experience glitches and problems. I did not have a single problem or glitch the game ran smooth, the controls worked, I could play the game with no problems.
Rating 7.0 I had a blast, the music, the game play and the nostalgic feeling it gave me.


Comments

Popular Posts