"Smoot's World Class Tennis"


"Smoot's World Class Tennis"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Developed by: Kaneda Games
Published by: Plug In Digital
Platforms: PC, Xbox One
Smoot's World Class Tennis Was such a pleasant surprise. I didn't really expect to enjoy it as much as I did. I can honestly say I enjoyed it even more then Mario Aces. Mario Aces I pretty much finished in a day, the boss fights were great, and probably my favorite part. The only thing there was no replay value, but with Smoot's World Class Tennis I been playing it for days and don't think i'm even close to finishing it. The campaign is really long, and enjoyable. You can play in a bunch of tourneys, and you have to rest or drink energy drinks to keep your stanima up. The Tennis play feels just like Aces, but with so much customization. You can create a character and buy so many things to customize it. You can also unlock tons of characters as well. Characters like Luke Skywalker, Mr T, and The Joker. There is just so much you can do with your character. 

There is a bunch of Mini games as well. You can fight zombies off with flaming tennis balls. Keep them from breaking down a fence to get to you. You can hit fish at seals to feed them, There is even a Star Wars one where you repel their blasters back at them with your light saber racket. Fight Chuck Norris in a dynamite tennis game. Run around collecting milk bottles to deliver while a guy throws boulders at you. You must collect them before they get ran over by the boulders, and place them in mailboxes. The coolest has to be the 66' Batman tribute where you have to save Batman from a trap by hitting targets. It even has the classic Bang and Pow sounds from the classic show, and even a close to the original theme song. It's just so much fun playing these. There are 7 rounds to each mini game, where the difficulty increases each one. You unlock character custom items for completing them as well.

The game runs really well I experienced zero issues with any of the controls, or game play. I think the only thing about the game that I think needs fixed is some times the referee/line judge needs to make calls sooner. Some times seems like it takes forever for them to call point, or tell you if the ball is in or out. That is only thing in the whole game I can say negative because I loved the entire game so much. I'd really recommend it to almost anyone. Family will love it you can play local multiplayer and COOP. If your a fan of sports games I know you will love it as well. I think it really will relate to a lot of gamers.

Pros: Tons of Custom characters and Items
Addictive Mini Games
Fun and In Depth Campaign
Great Controls and game play

Cons: Slow referee calls at times

Overall: 8.4 One of the best Tennis games I played in a long time. Very addictive all around.


Comments

Popular Posts