"Dragon's Lair Trilogy"


"Dragon's Lair Trilogy"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Developed By: Digital Leisure
Platforms: Xbox,Switch,PS4,PC

Do you really have to review Dragon's Lair? Who hasn't heard of it, and knows it's beauty? We all that was around remember the first time we saw it in the arcade, and how blown away by the fact some one was controlling a cartoon. There was that guy who just mastered the game, and people lined up around to watch them play to see the cartoon parts we hadn't been able to get to ourselves. I've always loved these actual video games where you controlled a film. I've loved seeing it return with games like The Bunker and War Games. I also was a huge fan of them on console. I loved the 3DO when it was out games like Psychic Detective and Night Trap. I was glad to see Night Traps get a re-release as well.
Dragon's Lair delivers 3 classics in Dragon's Lair 1 and 2 as well as Space Ace. They all look beautiful on today's consoles and the controls are spot on. I've read some negative reviews on it saying the controls don't work from a another reviewer who I've noticed seems to give every Indie or retro game low scores, so I want to make it clear the controls work perfectly. It's their skills, not the game. Dragon's Lair is just as amazing on consoles this generation as it was on the arcade floor at your local arcade. I'd say even better because it's loaded with features like a step by step tutorial on how to draw Dirk. You can watch the entire game played, and even every different death scene. You can adjust your skill level, and even how many men you have. It's just huge chuck of retro arcade goodness, and I couldn't stop until I collected every Achievement on it.

Pros: Still beautiful art and animation today
Wonderful voice acting and music still there
Loaded with features
Spot on controls
A perfect modern return to the Arcade classics

Cons: None

Overall: 8.0 I can't believe I'm reviewing one of the arcade classics I grew up in amazement with, today at home on my television. never thought I'd see gaming where it is today where not only can we be blown away by amazing graphics from games today, but can enjoy all the amazing classics from yesterdays as well.

Comments

Popular Posts