My Big Sister


"My Big Sister"
Reviewed By:Carless Yen
Platforms: Switch, PC Xbox, PS4
Publisher: Ratalaika Games
Developer: Stranga
"My Big Sister" is a little different then you usually expect from Ratalaika Games. I usually have all their achievements in under 30 minutes, and close to beating the game by an hour. This one will make you think a little bit. If you use a walkthrough you can get them all in a hour for you Achievement/trophy hunters. I how ever wanted to enjoy the game, and play it on my own and it took me a couple hours to beat it, and then I used a walkthrough for the endings because these will def have you trying a ton of different things to get the ending you want. There is like six endings as well, and I loved each and every one of them. It is just a really compelling story overall.
You play as Luzia a hilarious little girl with a smart mouth and attitude. Trying to rescue your big sister Sombria from a witch curse. I really don't want to say more than that, and spoil it. I will say it has a eerie Ringu type feel to it. It has a lot of blood, and death so it might not be for all ages like Ratalaika games usually are. It def has a more mature appeal to it. Everything about this game is different then we are used to seeing from them, but that is also a good thing. I really enjoyed the writing of this game. Luzia is one of the most hysterical characters I've experienced in a game, and is really likable. I'd liked to seen her in a game with actual voice acting, and a bigger release from these guys. I could very easy see her being one of my favorite characters. Maybe Stranga will release a bigger game down the road, because I do enjoy the writing in this. That is rare for me, because most of the time in games like this i tend to just skip the text. early on though I was entertained by her, and it never stopped all the way up to the end. So If you like good story driven games, but don't mind reading I can see you really enjoying this as much as I did.
The look is really retro RPG like. Has that SNES feel to it, but the music is more modern. The music really adds to the spooky setting, and the sounds go along perfectly with the game, and the environments. It isn't something that is going to just terrify you though. It is more a great tale of suspense then it is true horror. I think it is very much a must grab though especially if on the Switch. there hasn't been a whole lot of quality on that console of late, and this is something that will look good in your collection, and keep you busy awhile until some these decent May releases start rolling in.
Pros: Great Written story
Wonderful Characters
Suspenseful game play, fun secrets
Lots of cartoon gore
Ton replay value, 6 endings
Fun and simple Achievements
Cons: Kind of short
Wish was a little scarier
Overall 7.7 A really pleasant story driven experience from Ratalaika Games. A pleasant change up from the regular release from them. Easy Achievements still, but will have to invest a little more time then usual.

Comments

Popular Posts