"Classic Snake Adventures"


"Classic Snake Adventures"
Reviewed By: Carless Yen
Developer: CrazySoft Limited
Release Dates: Jan 23, 2020
Price: 8.99
Platforms: Switch, Xbox, Steam, PS4

You remember that little game that came on every ones phone in the 90's called "Snake"? Well it's back, and modernized with beautiful hand drawn art. It plays the same way where you try to eat the fruit, and when you do you grow, The more you grow the harder it makes for you to avoid obstacles. You can't touch yourself either so it makes you really think out your moves. This version though has 100 levels, and 20 bosses. That is a whole lot more content than in the original. To me it is kind of overkill though. Like how much Snake do you need? I think that is what made the original what it was , was just worrying about beating your old score like in a retro Atari or arcade machine. In this one your playing through 100 levels, and fighting bosses but it never really feels like your doing anything different. All the bosses throw obstacles in your way while you try to collect lightening bolts to attack them. It's basically the same thing over and over, and the music also repeats over and over. It can feel and sound really repetitive. So I recommend playing this in spurts.

The game has it's issues as well. There are situations that are impossible to get by with out dying. Some times the hit detection seems off really bad. The music starts to get really annoying when you hear the same song 20 levels in a row. All that being said though, I still really enjoyed the game. Now that all the negatives are out of the way we can focus on what I enjoy. I really believe it's a major improvement on the original. I never thought I'd be playing "Snake" again in 2020 and I really had a good time with it. I love the hand drawn art, I think the bosses are just really cool to look at, and I wish there was more to them. I think this is some the coolest looking bosses I've seen in a game, and was let down that the fight was so simplistic. They are so awesome looking though. I can say with no doubt some the coolest looking bosses I've seen in game. I hope this Developer makes a different style game, and brings these enemies back because I really enjoyed them. There are 20 different bosses and they are all really cool to look and unique.

There are things that appear on the maps besides just fruits. Like letter will appear. If you spell out bonus you get extra men, plus more score. There are turkey legs that will make you grow and also pad your score. There are soda cans that look like "TAB" that shrink your snake if he has got to big to handle. ("That's What She Said") There are hearts that also provide a extra man as well. You get stars for each level, and that is determined by how many men you finish the level with. It is between 1 to 3, and there is an Achievement for Finishing every level with 3 Stars. If you do this you should be pretty high on the leader board. I think I'm sitting at around 18 right now. I mentioned Achievements earlier, this game has really easy Achievements and is one of those games some might use to pad their stats. It is around 9 dollars so I could see some adding it to their collection just for the completed game. It will take about 3 to 4 hours to do this though. I think you should probably play one of the four worlds daily instead of playing it all at once, It's a really repetitive title, and if you sit down and try get the whole 1,000 gamer score in one play your will prob get annoyed and not finish it. If you break it down though 3 stars every level isn't really that bad.

Is this game for you? If you liked Snake in the 90's certainly no question. If you like mobile games, or getting easy Achievement score it's for you as well. If repetition or grinding annoys you, you might want to pass on this one. I think some might want to play with the sound off as well. Around level 19 i was going mad from hearing the same song over and over and over. We are giving away a copy of this so check out the page, and try to get your hands on a free copy courtesy of CrazySoft Limited. Also give them a Like and Follow. If you found this interesting, I'm sure they may have some more titles in the future you will also enjoy.

Pros:
Beautiful Hand Drawn Worlds and Bosses
Major improvement over original game
Easy Achievements/Trophies
Affordable
Cons:
Hit Detection
Repetitive Music and Game Play
Impossible to complete moments
Had a few Glitches that required game reset
Overall: 6.5
Classic Snake Adventures might have it's fair share of issues, but it also has a lot of fun and content it delivers. It is without question a improvement to the original source material, but can feel like it goes on a little to long at times. I had a lot of fun with this modern snake clone, but also felt like I was going mad at times hearing the same song over and over in my headset.

Comments

Popular Posts