"Reed Remastered"


"Reed Remastered"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Developer: PXLink
Publisher: Ratalaika Games
Release Date: 2/12/2020
Price: 4.99
Platforms: XBOX , PS4, Switch, Vita

     Reed Remastered right off the bat reminded me so much of the Meatball games. Don't get me wrong it isn't as challenging, but it's just as fun. You play as a cat that must make his way through 50 levels.Well it isn't a cat from the description. The description says a creature, but he looks like an adorable kitty to me. You also find a mouse as well so i thought it was a kitty. Well here is the actual game description so you get a better take on it.
    Long ago in a beautiful and mysterious world an old supercomputer created the digital world that is now breaking down. In a final effort to stop the impending end of the virtual space, a small creature named Reed was created to save the world.

     After all that I'm still gonna call Reed a Kitty because this is my review, and I do what I want. I think he is adorable, as well as the other creatures especially those mean ass chickens . In my world Cats usually chase chickens and win, but in "Reed Remastered" don't even think you have the upper hand they will chase you down, and take one of your nine lives. That is okay though, because there is an Achievement for that. One for dying, and one for dying to a chicken so we can over look it. Speaking of Achievements this is another Ratalaika game that will help you pad that Gamer Score. They are all simple they consist of beating levels, and finding hidden rooms. All are very manageable. You can probably get a complete game in under a hour. It took me about a hour to beat on my first play through, and I died a lot. I didn't get my Achievements though they were glitched so I had to do it again, and the second time I bet it in about 30 minutes. Yes that is short, but at 4.99 and a fresh complete game added to my library I can deal with that.

       What you do is collect cubes, these will open a door. So you have to make your way through 50 levels doing this sounds easy, and starts off easy but a few levels in you will be dodging spikes, blades, spears, and a ton of other traps that will really test your abilities and hand /eye coordination. I thought this game was blast and adorable from start to finish. I streamed it and that same feeling for it seemed to be the same for the viewers as well. I read a few people saying they were gonna grab it for their collection as well.

Pros:
Spot on fast controls
Adorable Pixel Graphics
Delightful Ambient music
Easy Achievements
Affordable fun
Cons:
Hit detection can be off at times
Short
Overall: 7.9
Reed Remastered may be one of my favorite Ratalaika console ports to date. I had a blast reviewing it and streaming it, and seemed like the viewers did as well. I will certainly be looking out for more from PXLink in the future, and will also be looking to see if I missed anything from them as well.
Full WalkThrough/Let's Play below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtBJuUadZGE

Comments

Popular Posts