"Project Starship"


"Project Starship"
Reviewed By: Carless Yen
Developer: Panda Indie Studio
Publisher: eastasiasoft
Release Date: 2/12/2020
Price: 4.99
Platform: XBOX One X

Project Starship is a bullet hell like no other I've played before. I was just pulled in from the very start and I haven't been able to put it down. I streamed it for a good 40 minutes, but have invested a lot more time into it since then as well. It is just really unique in it's art style. Everything looks hand drawn. I love all the different enemies and bosses. They are all unique and have different attack patterns you must really master to master this game. Some times it feels nearly impossible to dodge things, but it is fair and the controls are spot on and precise. You will have to learn to maneuver all around the screen to put together a really nice score on this. The hardest Achievement you will face will be scoring 100,000 but I was able to do it after only thirty minutes of play time. So all you Achievement hunters out there here is another under 5 dollar easy completion title to add to your collection. East Asia Soft has been delivering these to us almost as frequent as Ratalaika has. It's good to see these affordable little Indie titles popping up every week. I love reviewing them as much as I enjoy playing them.

You can play as Male or Female something I appreciate. Garret or Gwen two pilots who must stop a ancient evil. You will see demons, monsters, and even Cthulhu. They all are really awesome the first time you see them. As I unlocked new areas, or just had one randomly appear it just felt so awesome and fresh. That is another thing Project Starship does perfectly is give you a fresh feeling game every time. No play will feel the same. New bosses, and enemies will fill your screen and make you learn their patterns. You will also get really cool power-ups that make it easier. Like missiles, turrets, shields, and even screen clearing special attacks. It is just a whole lot of fun and a really great challenge I know all fans of bullet hell games will enjoy. I really recommend grabbing this one up if it's your genre, or even if your just a fan of padding your gamer score.

Pros:
Awesome looking Enemies and Bosses
Random level generation always feels fresh
A real challenge
Affordable
Easy Achievements
Enjoyable Music
Can be Male or Female
Smooth Accurate Controls
Cons:
May be to tough for some, even on easy
Overall: 7.8
One of my favorite Bullet Hell releases in some time. I loved the challenge, the art style, and ability to choose genders. If you love a good space shooter loaded with action and adorable enemies, or just enjoy easy 1,000 points added to your Gamer Score "Project Starship" is for you.

Comments

Popular Posts