Alteric


"Alteric"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Platform: Xbox One X

Alteric is a blast, and it is simple achievements. Most of these games by Sometimes You are cheap, and a thousand points in under a hour, so I can see why Achievement Hunters are eating it up. Games are usually under five dollars, and are a lot of fun so you don't mind how short they are. In Alteric you play as a little white cube, I like to think he is a ice cube, because at times hes really hard to control. Your objective is to make it from one side of the map to the other making jumps, and switching between worlds. When you hit the X button it changes worlds, and sometimes there are objects that are in one world that isn't in the other that aid in your jumps. Like in one world there may be a platform to jump on, or there may be a saw blade to cut you down. So you have to go back and forth between them a lot of the times to find your way. There are so many obstacles from lazers, to saws, to lava and water. Alteric will really test your rage, especially level 29. Determination will get you through though. Though tough it is fair, and playing it over a few times will get you knowing the layout and ready to advance ahead.
There isn't a ton of songs, but the few that are on there are good and really fit. They all seem to add dramatics to the struggle. The visuals are colorful, but really plain there isn't a lot to look at. Which I think is probably better, because you don't want a lot of distractions while trying to see your obstacles. The achievements are really fun, and most you will get along the way except maybe the Easter egg, which is a tribute to one of my favorite Indie games "Thomas was Alone". Won't spoil it, but you can find him there. The controls are really clean, and crisp. The jumps are smooth as well as the changing between worlds. That is a good thing, because a lot of this game demands perfect timing. I had no real issues, except saving my progress. I beat the game, and I didnt get the Achievement for beating Chapter 2. So I reloaded it, and it didn't save any of that Chapter so I had to replay it. No biggie because by now I've mastered that Chapter, least it wasn't Chapter 3 without Question the toughest to beat.
At the end of each Chapter you get a boss fight, they are fairly simple except for the last one he gave me a few problems. I beat him after a few tries though. The bosses have glowing red dots on them you must hit to kill them, and you have to watch out for obstacles with them as well, and sometimes even switch worlds. They are all really cool looking, and designed well. I had a blast with this game, and it really challenged me a bit which I enjoy.

Pros: Crisp and Smooth Controls
Fun and Easy Achievements
Really Challenging Puzzles
Great Price
Music is fitting to the atmosphere
Cons: A little Short

Overall: 7.7 A great little Indie game for fans of a challenge, and hunting Achievements and Trophies.

Comments

Popular Posts