Where Are My Friends


"Where Are My Friends?"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Platform: XBox One X

Where are my friends is a platformer/runner where you control an adorable robot that is made up of a large eye, and a wheel named Wheye. The objective is to get the robot through very difficult levels in order to save the planet. The game is made up of four levels, and none of them are simple. You have a dark cave that is hard to seen in full of traps, you have a jungle which is awesome because it is hand drawn. This level is really creative, but seems that the controls aren't as on point here as they are on some of the other levels. I miss a lot of jumps I should have made, and it got a bit annoying at times. Seems i had a few issues in the caves as well. The good thing is your able to return to your ship and go try another level instead and come back to any at any time.
My favorite though is the puzzler level, it has a lot of Portal aspects to it. You jump through colored portals that send you out nearby from the same color portal. On this level your dodging lasers, and the controls seem spot on. I really wish the others levels seemed this clean and smooth. This by far is the best of all it has to offer.
This game is another one of those "Sometimes You" published games I've grown to enjoy with each achievements, great pricing, and a really nice challenge. I would have to say though so far this is my least favorite. It's a decent game, but compared to the others which had very nice and smooth controls at times this one was a hassle. I think it is worth a play for achievement hunters, but I think if your looking at it for anything else there are just better options.

Pros: Easy Achievements
Amazing Music
Beautiful hand drawn environments
Very Challenging
Decent price tag

Cons: Controls a bit sketchy at times
Doesn't really bring anything new to the table

Overall: 6.4 If your padding your Achievement score it a pretty easy 1000, if your looking for a platformer that brings something different to the genre I'd pass on this one.



Comments

Popular Posts