"Crashbots"


"Crashbots"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Developed By: Neonchimp Games
Published by: Sometimes You
Platforms: PC, Switch, Xbox One

I really wanted to enjoy Crashbots. I would uninstall it, and reinstall it to try again just because I usually love games that :Sometimes you" publish, and didnt want to give it a negative review. The more I played it the more it broke. Issues from it kicking me to the dashboard multiple times to the sound just going out on it. Glitches weren't the only things though horrible hit detection, and just clunky controls really had me annoyed beyond belief. Hammers striking to the right will hit you on the left. Obstacles you have already passed will some how still hit you. The gun won't fire sometimes, or if you hit a direction they just won't go there. I hope it's just a early release issue, because this game has a ton of potential. It really is fun when it is working. 

You have 6 different worlds they all have a unique look to them, but there is 20 levels on each of these and they get repetitive really quick would been better they had like ten levels,and more worlds. There is a bunch of robots you can unlock by finding parts,and lots of upgrades you can get by collecting coins and purchasing them. It makes it easier, and gives it a ton of replay value. Also trying to three star every level gives it more replay also you need to get the stars to unlock the levels anyways. Even with all this fun stuff the controls and issues makes it almost unplayable.
I feel bad about this review, but I have to be honest. I tried and tried to find the positives, but was getting so annoyed every time I tried to play it. If any one else plays it let me know what you think, and how it ran for you.

Pros: Tons of items to unlock
Bunch of Upgrades
Looks and sounds really cool
Tons of potential
Really cool bosses

Cons: Horrible clunky controls
Bad hit detection
Loaded with glitches
Needs a lot of work

Overall: 4.0 Loaded with potential, but almost unplayable right now. Bad hit detection, major glitches, and clunky controls will have you throwing in the towel much earlier then it deserves. Hopefully they get it all ironed out.

Comments

Popular Posts