"Witch Thief"


"Witch Thief"
Reviewed By: Carless yen
Platforms: PC and Switch
Dev/Publisher: Cardboard Keep

When i first saw this game I was really excited, From the cool art style of the game and the promotional image of the cute little witch. I've always had a thing for Witches since I was a kid from "The Worst Witch" to "Archie Comic's Sabrina" was even a fan of Harvey Comics and "Wendy the Good Little Witch" So I was instantly excited when seeing it in the marketplace. I had played this generation so far "Witch it" and "Maria the Witch" and they were let downs so no way this would be that bad it looked so promising. Well I'm sorry to say you'll have to wait for something else, or go back and play some BulletWitch to get your Witch video game needs fulfilled.
The game looks really good as far as the locations. The Atmosphere is very Halloweenie from cool looking Jack O Lanterns and foggy spooky areas with really awesome looking gates. The visuals and music I really enjoy. It's just the game play that destroys it for me and the sounds. It's a bullet hell game and I love those, but not when the hit detection is as ad as it is in this. Just seems really off, and like a bad port. I haven't played the original PC version though so i could be wrong. It might be just as bad, but that's hard to believe. I played it for over a hour, and just couldn't get into it. I hate to be so hard on games, it's rare that I score something this low. I always try to look at it like this is someone's art, and a part of them and their love for what they do. This game though is just so , so bad though.
I feel it's my duty as well though as a reviewer to make sure people here don't read a review of mine, and go out and bu a bad game because I wasn't honest about it. So this game I'm just going to tell you it wasn't for me at all, and all the reviews I have seen haven't been the best either.

Pros: Love the look of the game
The music is nice and fitting

Cons: Weird clunky controls
Bad hit detection
Bad sound effects
Overall: 4.0 Witch thief is nothing more than a thief of joy, was so let down by this title there is no way i could recommend it.

Comments

Popular Posts