"Final Star Review"


"Final Star Review"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Published and developed by:Dynamic Voltage Games
I've always had a love of Space shooters. I grew up on Asteroids, Defender, Life Force, and Gradius. Final Star fits really nicely among those. I think it takes everything you love about the retro space shooter, and applies a beautiful modern look and charm to it. The backgrounds look amazing, and really draw you in. The music is really dynamic and fun, and adds to the overall experience. I really really enjoyed the bonus level music had me wanting a MP3 of it. The look and feel of Final Star is very satisfying to a lover of these retro style space shooters. Not only the music, but in the game sounds as well. The explosions, laser blasts, characters everything is really well designed. I think this is probably my second favorite type of this game genre this year, and there has been a lot of them. I love the level select as well. You sit in a cockpit, and can look around on planets and select where you wish to go. That's a really fun and unique idea that I greatly enjoyed.

It kind of has RPG elements to the point where you can grind levels to level up your ship. I had to do this a few times, because struggled on a few parts. I have also seen other reviews where difficulty was a factor for some. In my opinion it adds to the enjoyment. I like actually replaying some parts, and finding a challenge. It makes the game longer, and you notice things more as you replay parts of it. Yes it can be hard, but once you get leveled up properly it can become overly easy as you have shields and more energy to keep from being hit. You can also get missiles, bombs, items to help energy and health recharge. There is tons of ways to play this game, even other ships to use. You can upgrade all three of them . I found it a lot of fun doing so as well. 
The bosses are one of my favorite parts of the game. They all have unique attacks, and looks. You can tell a lot of time went into their design. It feels like a lot of time went into this game period. As a lover of this genre of games, i've been glad to see some attention put towards them of late. This is without question one of the better ones by a large margin. Should you buy it? If your into classic space shooters I could see you really enjoying this. If you like a challenge, I could see you enjoying it as well. At times "Final Star" will really test you, and I enjoyed that. Some times after you get past a hard part though, it feels easy, and you realize you were just doing it wrong.So give it a try, and let us know what you think?

Pros: Beautiful Backgrounds\
Cool Enemies and Boss Battles
Really Rad music
A very nice challenge.
Fun characters and level selection

Cons: Can be a grind at times.

Overall: 7.4 One of the better games of this type this generation. Brings everything you love about the genre to the present in a nice beautiful modern package.

Comments

Popular Posts