Vaporum


Vaporum Developer: Fatbot Games Producer: Fatbot Games / Merge Games Platforms: PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch Reviewer: Deb

Vaporum is a grid based steampunk dungeon crawler. I will get this off my chest now, rather than let it eat at me as I write this review...This game was not my cup of tea. However, that being said, as much as the game didn’t please me, the story line was awesome and kept me playing until the end. A guy finds himself in the middle of the ocean, with no recollection as to how he got there, or what happened to him, He can’t even remember who he is. He is in front of a huge tower and he knows that tower has the answers to who he is and what has happened to him. The gamer is tasked with the job of helping this man get through the tower to look for clues and fend off mechanical critters along the way. As the gamer guides the protagonist through the towers and progresses to each level, the puzzles and the critters get tougher to get past so the gamer is also tasked with helping him to upgrade his gear to meet his challenges.

Pros: Very compelling story line Excellent graphics Great game sounds Cons: Clunky feeling mechanics, even for a retro Very clunky fighting mechanics Some of the fighting sequences were too drawn out and almost too challenging Little replay value

I rate this a solid 7. Although the game felt a little too “clunky” for me to maintain any level of immersion, the story line was captivating and extremely good. The story line, alone, is a good reason to play Vaporum. The graphics and game sounds were better than I had expected. My only other issue with this game is there is next to no replay value. That story line though…


Comments

Popular Posts