"Get Me Outta Here Remastered"


"Get Me Outta Here Remastered"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Platform: Steam/PC
Developer:Rossman Bros Games
Release Date: Nov 29, 2019
Price: 4.99
Get me outta here is was one of those games that I enjoyed a lot, but could been improved upon. For the small price tag I guess you get what you paid for though. I was expecting Contra style game play, but it is more of a survival style game than it is a platformer. You basically have to survive as long as you can on a single ship. There are more then one ship, but you just play them one at a time. I would have liked to had an actual ship to travel through how ever. Going back and forth was just kind of a let down for me. Don't get me wrong it isn't a bad game, but I think these guys could have delivered one great Contra like title here. They do so much right with this one. I don't want to sound super negative. The aliens and bosses look and say the funniest stuff. The voice acting is great, as well as the writing. Some really hysterical jokes and bosses. I really laughed out loud when some of them appeared, and went into their dialogue. The controls are really spot on as well. You can jump, shoot, and roll around. You will need to because this game is super difficult, especially at first until you get it down.You have to avoid tons of alien fire, and them chasing you so learning the controls will take time, but it's worth it.

 The fact it has coop makes it even more so. I hope these guys make a sequel to this, and make it more of an adventure than what we got with this one. It's fun, it's fast, but it just feels kind of tied down, and small. You get a lot of Contra like weapons as well, is another reason I keep bringing it up. Spread guns and lasers are really fun to use once you get down how they work. Another thing that kind of let me down as well was inability to fire diagonal. You have to shoot up, down, left , or right so you basically have to stop and shoot a ton instead of doing so on the run. I don't want to bash this to much, because I expected something else, and see more for this title than what it delivers. Being a huge Contra fan, I just see potential of these guys delivering a really decent clone of it. I hope they read this and consider it. Would be a excellent sequel to this escape the ship on a alien planet. The game really does look and sound great. It is fun as well.It offers a good challenge too. I hope it does well enough to maybe consider my idea. Rossman Bros Games if you take the time to read this, give us a Fun Contra like experience in this hysterical fast paced action world you've created. I really feel it could be something special. Until then though the original is really worth your time, especially at only 4.99.

Pros:
Really cool art style
Voice acting is superb , and hilarious as hell
Controls are spot on. I recommend a controller
Challenging, Fast, and action packed
Awesome guns
Coop
Cons:
Just feels small and confined, but you are on a ship.
No diagonal fire takes away from the run and gun at times
Overall: 6.2
For 4.99 you get a lot of fast paced action alone or with a friend, but wish there was a lot more to it. There is a lot to enjoy as far as fun and laughs, but there is also a lot more improvement that could be done as well

Comments

Popular Posts