"Action News Heroes"


"Action News Heroes"
Reviewed By: Carless yen
When I first saw this title, I got kind of excited. I started thinking is this the next Ikari Warriors for the next generation? Is it going to take me back to the days of over the top coop shooters like Smash Tv? Then I went to the marketplace and saw the one star rating for the game, and lost a little hope. Then I checked out some reviews, and was even more in doubt. So I went into this title not expecting much. At first I really hated it as I played it as well. I struggled over and over on the first level, but Im one of these guys i can't review a game unless i put the time in it deserves. I'm always honest and at first i hated this game, I think that is what happened with a lot of these reviews , and ratings as well. This game starts off, and it doesn't seem like a lot of fun. It seems overly challenging, and the ratings system seems like more of a negative then positive. I hated it, I thought this game would be so much better without it, and that it tried to hard to be different and comical. Where the hell is Burger Lord? I've played this level 100 times where is that fat bastard?
Then it all started to click, I discovered how to find him, and after dying to him several times how to beat him. It felt rewarding, and I felt like hey maybe this isn't so bad overall? I purchased my first weapon, and it all had a fresh feel to it, and I was enjoying myself. Action news Heroes is a title that doesn't hold your hand. It isn't easy, it makes you earn it. It might be far from perfect, but its also far from being a terrible game. It is actually quite enjoyable if you give it the time it deserves. Could I do without all the attempted humor all the time, and the ratings meter? Is it annoying being booed over and over by the crowd, ya at times. Is Action News Heroes fun though by yourself, or with a friend? Hell Yes ! Especially if it is one that enjoys retro coop games, like Jackal and Gaunlet.
It doesn't look great, the controls can be a pain as you struggle to get around a board laying on the ground that is left there after blowing up a building. The music can get super annoying, all these things add up to what you'd think would be a really low score from me. I know it sounds like I'm going to say stay clear of this one, and buy E.T. or Ride to Hell Retribution instead, but I'm not. I think there are many issues with this game, but none that can't be fixed, and from looking at their page a update is coming. The fun I had mowing down enemies, and gorging on fast food to replenish my health far outweighed the negatives. The really cool weapons, and bosses, also the fun as hell coop made the replay value so enticing. So yes I could see the reviews and ratings, being bad, I understand and get it. Is it deserving, maybe a little? Will it get a horrible review from us? No. Games are mean't to be fun, alone or with friends, and this title is certainly fun. It is far from perfect, but so are we,but we all still have our moments, and positive things about us. And for us the Positives out weigh the negatives on this one. If it had all these issues, and we weren't having fun I could see a negative result. We had fun though, and we actually found how bad it is at times comical, and what makes it a really decent game. It is clearly their first game, and that being said it is a lot better them most peoples first attempts, ask my first girlfriend. Hell read some of my reviews. It is hard to bash someone else's art, especially when it is so enjoyable.
I'm not gonna do Positives and Negatives like usual on this one, because I really covered that in the review quite well. There is no point to keep bringing them up. We will however give our overall score, and thoughts.
Overall: 7.4 Its far from perfect, but it is a hell of a lot of fun....
For more information on this title:
https://www.facebook.com/KreweStudios/?fref=nf



Comments

Popular Posts