" A Knight's Quest"


" A Knight's Quest"
Reviewed By: Carless Yen
Developed By: Sky9Games
Published by: Curve Digital
Platforms: Xbox, Switch, PS4, Epic Games Store
Written and Video review below:
A Knight's quest you play as Rusty a guy living in the town of Regalia, even in the tutorial you are just thrown into action. You are just taken away from the very start how good thing game looks and feels. It looks like a really high quality RPG adventure. The controls are just so smooth and precise. You jump around so fluid, and fight off enemies with really well designed weapon play. I don't want to spoil the story so I won't go into full detail. Rusty isn't just a common citizen of Regalia he is more special than that. Like in Tomb Raider's first installment on the Xbox 360 your start out as a common human, and evolve as the story advances. I love this in games, because it let's you get to learn about the character, and feel like your more part of their story. Feels really good learning new skills and weapons, and finding ways to open areas that you couldn't earlier when you were there. That is some thing I love about games, and A Knight's Quest does that perfectly.

You will unlock different weapons that control different things like time, ice, and fire. You unlock boots that will allow you to rail slide to get to new areas, or even solve puzzles and win games. You're always growing in A Knight's Quest all the until the credits roll. It never grows stale or feels repetitive. Yes you will revisit some of the same areas, but you will explore new areas in them. You will see different characters and enemies in each of them. It always feels really fresh and new. Battle Skeletons, jellies, archers and so much more. The combat is so smooth, and you can upgrade your weapons giving you more power, and move sets. You have to mine minerals to pay the blacksmith. Ore isn't the only thing you find. There are tons of things to sell as well as things to aid in your adventure. like bandages, fruits, nuts, and more. They help replenish your health bar. When you take damage your health drops, but you also take damage that health items can't fix. A red meter will fill your health bar, and you have to use bandages or a couple other items that can remove the red. I never really feel your in to much jeopardy in A Knight's Quest. It's really relaxing and fun most the bosses and enemies don't really offer a ton of threat. There may be a few times you struggle, but for the most part it's just fairly simple.
There are obstacles and puzzles you must solve. Those really don't put a ton of stress on you either. They are fairly simple. For the most part I got them on the first try. I liked these though, it added to the adventure a lot. Your not just battling enemies from start to finish there is tons of different content then straight up hack and slash. That kept it really fresh for me as well. I also enjoyed the hidden items and side quests. The people in the villages are hilarious and interesting. They give you really fun quests to do that you don't mind at all. I really wish they had voice actors for the characters though. My only complaint about the entire game. It's not a major flaw in a game this good, but actually hearing these great jokes out loud there is no way I couldn't gave this game a perfect 10. The adventure is just amazing and fun, and I couldn't put it down. I still have to go back and get all the keys and jellies.
They are fun to try and get to and find. I love hearing the jellies singing, and then just having to go exploring around to find them. They change the colors well to make you look, and I appreciate that. One my favorite parts of the game.

The bosses in A Knight's Quest feel a little like Dark Souls three where they change up their attacks in phases. So you get used to some thing , and they switch it up. I loved that. They aren't difficult though. I don't think I ever died on any of them, or even the entire game to be honest. They look beautiful and unique just like the entire world of A Knight's Quest.Every area just looks so different then the last. I loved the Beach with the cool skull and rainbow. No question my favorite. I bet you guys love it to. If you don't have a Nintendo and you can't play Zelda I really believe this is really a quality adventure that feels a lot like it. It also feels a lot like Fable, a series I greatly miss. A Knight's Quest really gave me the same feeling. I loved every second of it. I know once my busy review schedule slows down it will be the first game I go back to 100% it.
Let us know what you thought about it, I hope people are playing it. It deserves to be played, and do well. I'd love to see a sequel. It really is top indie quality in my opinion. Two publishers I love is WayForward and Merge Games I love every thing they do, and I consider them to be Indie retro game royalty. They can do no wrong in my eyes usually. and I really thought this game was from one of them until I went to write the review.SO that's Super high praise from me. I'm really looking forward to looking more into Curve Digital's library and seeing more from them in the future. Will with out question come back to this game later on when talking "Games of the Year awards" So do yourself a favor , and try it out for your self. I really think every one will love it as much As I did.
Pros: Beautiful looking game. So bright and colorful
Amazing Music sounds a lot like Zelda and Fable
Really smooth controls, and fun attacks
Hidden items and side quests really enjoyable
Great characters, enemies, and bosses
Hours and hours of game play
Great story and character writing, adorable art styles.
Cons: Wish had voice acting would loved to heard these wonderful characters and jokes out loud.
Overall: 9.6 A Knight's Quest is a Fable/Zelda like adventure that you don't have to own a Nintendo or Xbox to enjoy. It's hours and hours of a unforgettable adventure available to every one on every platform like it should be.
#Curve Digital #Sky9Games

Comments

Popular Posts