"Lonely Mountains: Downhill"


"Lonely Mountains: Downhill"
Reviewed By: Carless Yen
Developer: Megagon Industries​
Publisher: Thunderful Publishing​
Release Date: 10/23/2019
Price: 19.99
Platforms: Xbox, Steam, Ps4

   When I received my review copy for this I really didn't expect much. Like really how amazing can a bike riding game be really? I was so wrong, and found myself so surprised and wrong. I grew up loving the Hobbit so when I hear Lonely Mountain I think of little guys with furry feet and dragons. That all changed yesterday though when I loaded up this game for the first time. The is a new kind of the mountain and that is Megagon Industries. I never really heard of these guys, and after this I'm really interested in what else these guys have done. This is pure development gold. Never has riding a bike in a game felt this realistic. You just really feel the environments you are in because they are so beautiful to look at. The sounds sound so real. Birds chirping , water running, your bike, etc sounds just like it would if you were really biking down a mountain. It is just mind blowing how great it looks and sounds. I expected a Trials clone, but was so wrong. This game has so much more than that to offer. The camera angles and changes as you ride I have never seen before. They just blew my mind. You will see just about every angle of view on your journey down the hill side. It's hard to believe this started on Kickstarter and this is a Indie release. It really feels and looks like a big budget release, from a major developer. I can't wait to see what is next for these guys.

     There are four different mountains  each with four different trails on them. You have to unlock them by completing goals. Some goals will be finishing a trip with under a certain amount of wrecks. Some times it will be for finishing it under a certain amount of time. They aren't super difficult, so you should be able to unlock every area with ease. Some of the items you have to unlock may be a little more difficult though. It never feels repetitive either like a lot of games like this would. There are so many different path to take and find it feels like a fresh trip down the mountain every time. You will have to find these to improve your time any ways if you want to improve on your time to unlock things, and make your way up the leader board.
The way the game looks and feels I find myself zoning a lot any ways.  Just get really into it, because it's so relaxing . The bikes all feel different as well is another reason it doesn't feel like your doing it over and over even if you are.
     Is it for you? I hope so, because it's a really fun and relaxing experience. I found my self having a hard time stepping away from it to do this review. It's also one of those games with a lot of replay value trying to 100% it. Your gonna find yourself going back to it a lot I think. Let's say you only have a few minutes to play before your plans it's one of those you can load up, and just make one trip down that hill before you have to head out. It's also one of those you might find yourself just losing track of time with as well. I really hope to hear from some one who gave this game a chance. I hope they feel the same way about it as I did. If that is you certainly comment below.

Pros: Beautiful scenery
          Realistic sounds make you feel like you are there.
          Amazing unique camera angles
          Radical wrecks
          Tons of replay value

Cons: Froze up on loading screens a few times.

Overall: 8.0 Lonely Mountains Downhill is a really unique cycling game that isn't just beautiful, but also very realistic. You will feel like you are on the mountain, and lose yourself in the amazing game environment.

#Megagon Industries #Thunderful Publishing #LonelyMountainDownhill

Comments

Popular Posts