"Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka With Love"


"Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka With Love"
Reviewed by: Carless Yen
Publisher: Artifex Mundi
Platforms: Xbox, PS4, Switch, PC
We have been reviewing Artifex Mundi games for years now, and we have always enjoyed their hidden object/ puzzlers. We never thought we would see the date though when one grabbed a near perfect score. You just don't think point and click and iconic games. That changes with "Irony Curtain" Irony Curtain is perfection from start to finish. From it's beautiful animation, hilarious story, or amazing voice acting Irony Curtain is a instant classic from start to finish. The puzzles are fun, and really test your mind. I have no problem saying this is Artifex Mundi's game best game to date. I really hope to see more like this from them in the future.
You play as Evan a amateur journalist who gets sucked into a story of espionage and a cold war spy comedy. He and the rest of just prefect characters will have you laughing for hours. Everything is just so well written, with tons of nods to pop culture and cold war comedy. Very easy the most interesting and comical story I've experienced so far this year. I can see it taking home one of our game of the year awards in November.
I loved the music and visuals as well. Some really great cut scenes between levels. I would enjoy this as a cartoon series as well or comic. Hopefully we can get that. If your reading this Artifex Mundi how about you get on that.I'm sure I'm not the only one who would enjoy that. I'm not going to bore you guys any more with paragraph and paragraph of just praising this game. I'm going to tell you its a very affordable game that you shouldn't miss out on. It's on every platform so do yourself a favor and add this to your collection. I'm hoping limited games or some one does a physical release of this one. I'd love to see it in the library.
Pros: BEAUTIFUL Animation cutscenes
Fun and Challenging puzzles
Hilarious storytelling
Amazing voice acting.
Cons; NONE
Overall: 9.5 The Artifex Mundi game you just can't miss. Do yourself a favor and grab yourself a copy of this hilarious spy story that will take you back to the days of classic "Leisure Suit Larry" type point and clicks.


Comments

Popular Posts