Mighty Switch Force Collection


"Mighty Switch Force"
Reviewed by: Carless yen
Developer/Publisher: WayForward
Platforms: PS4, Xbox, Switch, Steam
I'm always excited to see a game from WayForward i can say with ease they are one of my top 5 favorite developers and publishers. I don't think I have ever played a game from them I didn't really enjoy. They always have that retro feel, always bright and colorful , and always loaded with content. "Mighty Switch Force Collection" is no different. It has 4 games in one, three and a remaster. Achievement hunters and fans of the series will play both any ways because they are a blast. Even though I see people complaining one of the titles is missing from this collection. it wasn't a major release in my opinion any ways and i don't mind it isn't there. Mighty Switch Force 2 is worth the price alone in my opinion. It's without question my favorite of the franchise.
Mighty switch Force whole premise is you hit a button to make objects appear and disappear. Like you have to jump from a block that is there, and click really quickly to make the block ahead of you appear making the one behind go away. It is fast paced action, and has spot on controls. You won't experience any issues or bugs in a WayForward game ever at least I have never. It gets really difficult to wear your using your switch to control launchers for yourself and launching enemies. It is a lot of really fun action, i know most would enjoy.
The first game you play as a cop, and your prison bus wrecks causing all the female inmates to be freed. You have to collect each on in the levels to exit. There are five hidden through out the level, once you find them all you have to find your security bot to fly to the next stage. All the characters look really adorable, and are just so much fun to look at in game.
The second game you play as a firefighter and your trying to rescue the females. In this game you get a fire hose , and you can use it on enemies and fires. It is without question my favorite. It's just so much fun blasting things with the hose, and i like the enemies look in this game, and hot you can put out fires on them.
The Academy is a multiplayer version. You can also play it alone though. In this one your really small because you see the entire map so you can see your team. The objective is to collect the most females and escape. It is my least favorite of the four, but still a really high quality fun game. Just as a stand alone, I probably wouldn't own it , but in this collection it's a excellent addition.
The other game is the remaster, and it looks great. It's the one I chose to play first. Just to see the upgrade, and WayForward made it look beautiful on this generation consoles. It's loaded with levels, and this entire collection is certainly with the price tag on it, and will keep you busy for hours upon hours. I highly recommend this one to retro game fans. I highly recommend adding any WayForward game to your collection really. Shantae series is my favorite, and if you haven't tried it your really missing out. One of the best modern retro game series I think ever. It really has that SNES/Genesis feel to it so if your fans of those era games it will really satisfy you. The same with Mighty Switch Force. I think speed runners will also enjoy and adopt this title to their libraries, it just begs to be speed ran in my opinion.
Pros: Beautiful Colorful graphics
Adorable Enemies and characters
Fast paced actions with spot on controls
Retro action done perfectly
Loaded with content
Cons: Missing a minor game in the release.
Overall: 8.2 WayForward delivers a perfect remastered collection to the modern generation consoles that can't be missed by retro fans. The fast paced action just screams to be added to the speed runners game library.

Comments

Popular Posts